e i g h t

Gilderoy Lockhart was angry, furious even. He stumbled down the steps to the dungeons, he slurred words that were unintelligible, he paused at the last step- chugging down the last of his firewhisky, he leaned against the wall, he couldn't believe (Y/F/N) chose Snape, an ugly greasy weak git, over him, a handsome and strong man. He seethed, his mind clouding- from the liquor and his rage. He also felt betrayed, (Y/N) liked him first! How dare Snape steal his woman?!

He worked hard to win her heart.

First, he sent her a signed copy of his recent limited edition version of Magical Me, after that, he had waited for a few days and then sent her a signed photograph of himself, with a couple of trinkets that reminded him of himself, he continued sending her little gifts, and just last week he had delivered her flowers and chocolate personally- a bouquet of yellow carnations because he thought looked like his hair, and he had decided to give her a box of chocolates he found on his desk, she accepted it with a frown, not thanking him for his thoughtful gifts.

"Ungrateful," he spat, summoning his elf and demanded a bottle of firewhisky, to which the blasted little thing mumbled something and handed him a bottle from his office, he drank it greedily, sitting down on the steps. He and (Y/N) also went on a date, he even sent her a letter; written in Snape's handwriting, an easy spell he had created when he was in his seventh year, he dosed her tea with a love potion, but Snape had sniffed out the potion and gave her the antidote. Lockhart sat there, his mind jumbled with thoughts. In his drunken haze, he thought of a very very good idea.

***

Back in Snape's comfy bed, (Y/N) stirred awake, she sat up and pulled off her sweater, yawning. She pushed the comforter away and stood up, placing a hand against the wall, and bent over slightly, trying to clear her head, she was still a little too tipsy. Spotting a couple of potions and a glass of water, she gulped down the potions and water, she felt sober enough.

(Y/N) tugged on her plain white tee, and wandered towards a door, opening it, she almost walked into clothes, giggling, she surveyed the contents, five identical frocks were neatly hanged with black trousers and crisp white shirts, smiling to her self, she kneeled down to find a pair of sleep clothes, and a couple of dark jackets, she spotted something green behind all the dull colors, tentatively, she pulls it out, grinning widely at the very worn Slytherin sweater.

Quickly swapping her shirt for his sweater, she stands and closed the closet door, moving to another closed door, she pulled it open, peeking her head into the room, stepping into Sev's living room, she padded towards the couch quietly, peering down at Severus' sleeping face, "Awe," She cooed softly, feeling giddy. She rubbed her arms and looked around, it was cold in the dungeons, her eyes settled on Snape again, smiling mischievously, she lay on top of him, settling herself under the blankets, Severus grunted, his arms encircling her, "What are you doing (Y/N)?" He said groggily, "It's cold," She replies, snuggling closer to him, "We're going to fall off," he says, "Mhmm." she hummed, "You're cuddly,"

Severus grunted, "Don't go telling anyone." He moved slightly, closing his eyes, "I won't," she answers with a little giggle. They stay silent for a little. Severus sighed, "You can't sleep." He said in an a-matter-of-fact tone, she nods, Severus tilts his head to look at her, "And you want something to drink." (Y/N) grins at him, "You know me too well, Sev." Severus' mouth quirked up into a smirk, "Let's go then," he says, sitting up, "Hey-!" (Y/N) gripped his shoulders, trying to keep herself from falling onto the ground.

***

(Y/N) rummaged trough the cupboards, "Are you sure we cannot just ask the elves?" She turns to look at Severus as he sets the milk down on the counter, "Nope, I don't wanna wake them." She answers, resuming her search for chocolate chips and marshmallows, "Are you all out of marshmallows?" She asks him, placing the chocolate chips beside the other ingredients, Severus furrows his brows, thinking about it, "Yes," he replied, "You must've eaten all of them," he accused her with a playful smirk.

"No I did not!" She frowns at him, "Maybe you ate them!" She narrows her eyes, crossing her arms over his sweater- wait, his sweater? "Of course I haven't eaten the marshmallows," he shot back, quirking his eyebrow upward, "I don't like the way they stick on the roof of my mouth." (Y/N) huffs in defeat, "Yeah, I did eat them all, sorry." she mumbled, toying with the end of his sweater. Why on earth is she wearing it anyways? "Are you really sorry, (Y/N)?" Severus grinned at her crookedly, leaning against the counter, "Nope." She replies with a cheeky smile, "Anyway, we could always just get some from my rooms,"

"Mhmm," Snape hums, "Is that my sweater you're wearing?" He finally asks her, "Obviously," she giggled nervously, "I accidentally spilled water on my sweater so I borrowed yours." Severus nodded, "Right, well, let's go get your marshmallows, shall we?"

He lead her towards his fireplace, "I don't want to deal with your irritating painting," Snape tells her, "Oh hush, Sev." She rolls her eyes, bumping her shoulder with his, Severus raised his eyebrows in amusement and threw the powder into the fireplace, "Assistant Professor (Y/F/N)'s rooms," he said, stepping into the fire.

Severus stepped out a moment later, brushing off the ashes on his clothes, he looked up, his eyes widening.

"What on earth..?" He murmured, his dark eyes surveying the room, (Y/N) steps out of the fireplace bumping into him, "Severus, what?" Severus pressed a finger a against her lips, quietly telling her to keep quiet, she nodded, and held onto his hand, Severus scanned the room again and raised his wand.

"Homenum revelio." Nothing.

"What happened to my living room, Sev?" (Y/N) grips his hand tightly, taking in the broken furniture, "Someone or something trashed it," he replied grimly, squeezing her hand to comfort her, "I think we should grab the marshmallows and get back to my chambers, I'll talk to Albus tomorrow morning."

Hello! Sorry for the slow updates, I'm very busy nowadays, and sorry for accidentally publishing this chapter, oops. Hope you liked this chapter, and have a nice day!