n i n e

Hey everyone! Sorry this took a long time than I promised, but here it is, enjoy!

"You've got to be joking!" Exclaimed Severus, staring incredulously at the headmaster, "You don't know who the perpetrator is?" (Y/N) lets out a huff and leaned against the opened window, enjoying the warm sun and ignoring them.

"No, Severus, I do not." Albus answers, sipping his tea, Severus scowled at the gleam in Albus' eyes, "In fact, to ensure (Y/N)'s safety, I want her to stay with you."

(Y/N) nearly fell of the side of the window, she turned sharply to Albus, "What?!"

"While we investigate who broke into your rooms, I want you to stay with Severus, it's for your own safety my dear, and that's an order." Albus smiled calmly at them, "I suggest you both start gathering (Y/N)'s belongings, the start-of-term feast is going to start soon."

***

Severus turned to (Y/N), "Let's get started." He huffs, and starts to unbutton his frock, (Y/N) pouts and scans the room, it was cleaner at least, the house elves fixed some of the furniture that were still fixable, "I really liked how I decorated the place," She sighed, and rolled up her sleeves, Severus didn't respond and set his frock coat by the mantle, his hands went up to loosen his cravat, "Are you sure you're fine with me staying with you?" (Y/N) asks him, he rolls his eyes, "For the hundredth time, if it ensures your safety, I do not mind you staying with me."

(Y/N) motions towards the small bookshelf, "You can start over there, some of my books are old and fragile." She canceled the protection spell, and magicked a cardboard box and levied it next to him, he sighs and settles himself in front of the bookshelf, "I can't believe Albus doesn't know who broke into your chambers." He murmured, beginning to methodically place the books into the box, pausing when he spots an intriguing tome.

"Yeah," (Y/N) agreed, wrapping up her empty vases (which she had planned on putting nice sunflowers in) in bubblewrap, popping a dot every so often, "What I can't believe is Albus forcing you to shack up with me," Severus huffed again from his place but said nothing, "I'm a big girl, I can handle myself."

"(Y/N) you literally forgot to put a password on your fireplace when you first got here," Snape reminds her in an amused tone, "There were people accidentally flooing to your rooms." (Y/N)'s nose wrinkled, "Bugger off, and get work," she chucked a cushion at his head, and hit him, it landed on the floor with a thud, Severus turned his head to her and his eyebrows rose- almost comically, she promptly burst out laughing.

"Childish." He muttered, with a tiny smile. Watching her clutch her sides, still laughing.

***

Three and a half hours in and they managed to get everything packed in the living room, kitchen, and the bathroom. "Let's take a break, Sev." (Y/N) patted his shoulder and Severus nodded in reply. "When do the students get here?" She questioned, and settled on the sofa, peering at him, he sat beside her, summing and asking a house elf to get them tea, "In a couple hours, I suppose." Severus answers, meeting her gaze. "Are you nervous?"

(Y/N) looked up the ceiling and leaned her head on the back of the sofa, resting her feet on the coffee table, "A little bit," she admitted, playing with her fingers. "You'll be fine." Severus assured her, she turns her head, "Are you sure?" Severus nods his head, smiling at her lopsidedly. "Positive."

"You really think so?"

Severus' rolled his eyes, "I don't think so," he replied, shaking his head, (Y/N) was ready to smack him, "I know so." He grinned at her, damn he's adorable.

She beamed at him, "Thanks Sev." Severus raises an eyebrow, leaning forward as the house elf brought the tea and gently placed it on the coffee table, he thanks the elf quickly and it beamed at him and popped away. "Whatever for?" (Y/N) watched him begin pour the tea into the cups.

"For being you and for being here," she answered, still watching his hands, suddenly his hand slipped and (Y/N) yelped, pulling her feet away- thinking the hot water would spill on her. Severus steadied the pot and gently placed it back in the tray, he looked at her, a mischievous smirk on his face.

"Arsehole!" She hissed, pulling the cushion from behind him and began hitting him with it, "You did that on purpose!" he turned and pulled his legs up the sofa trying to put a barrier between them, Severus lets out a chuckle, and pulled the pillow out of her grasp.

"Stop," He threw it away to the corner of the room, "You'll scorch us with tea-" (Y/N) was still annoyed with him and decided to teach him a lesson, so she quickly pulled down his legs and sat on top of his legs, locking him into place, she grasped his sides, grinning mischievously as his eyes widened.

"You wouldn't!" He gulped, trying to squirm out of her grasp- (Y/N) had accidentally tickled him when she gave him a hug and subsequently found out that the potions master was ticklish- "Oh, I would!" She giggled and began to waggle her fingers, he let out a small giggle- "No!" He tried to push her hands off- Severus Snape doesn't giggle!

(Y/N) dug her fingers into his side, his quiet giggling quickly led to guffawing, which in turn led to him trying to escape. The scowl lines that had begun to etch themselves on either side of his nose and mouth transformed into laugh lines with remarkable ease, this was the first time (Y/N) had ever seen him being amused in nature (up close that is,)- other than a sardonic or mischievous smirk and a short chuckle at best, she couldn't help but smile.

(Y/N) felt her annoyance ebb away, which wouldn't have been so quick  if she hadn't been so fascinated with the sound and the sight of him laughing. His frown lines had softened along his brow, and an unexpected crow's feet appeared at the corners of his eyes. Her grip on him slackened and he immediately attempted to move away, grabbing her wrists and holding them firmly, he pulled back a little more, lightly chuckling as he calmed down.

"Do you need something to drink?" She teased him, trying to pull her hands free, and he sneered at her mockingly and tightened his grip slightly, catching his breath, "Don't do that again," he warned her, "Maybe I will." She replied, her eyes sparkling, "You do have a lovely smile."

Severus huffed out a chuckle, "There are other ways to make me smile, darling." He said, and immediately closed his eyes at his slip-up, silently afraid that he scared her off. "I like that," she commented, freeing her hands, Severus opened his eyes again, looking at her puzzled, "Your nickname, it makes me feel special."

"Well.." he hesitated, "You are very special to me (Y/N). I.. care for you deeply." (Y/N) leans forward and hugs him, "You're special to me too, Sev." She hummed, pressing a kiss on his cheek. She smiled widely as his hands tentatively landed on her lower back.