Together again

"Damn I can't think of anything to write."  Noah sat at the studio trying to make a song but nothing was coming to mind. He had to keep his mind occupied he didn't want to start going back to old habits just because he was tense.

"Hey you."

Noah turned around and ran out of his chair when he saw Alex smiling at the doorway. "Crane!" He picked Alex up and spun her around making her giggle.

"I see that you miss me."

"Of course I do; I haven't seen you in four months!"

Noah couldn't believe Alex was here it felt like a long four months without her being here.

Noah bit his lip, "You look good, really good."

"Thank you." Alex smiled sheepishly at the compliment. Alex went and grabbed the notebook Noah was writing on. "Looks like you need my help." She said playfully.

"You know I do, but first we need to catch up."

"Alright let me take you somewhere."

"Where you taking me?" Noah asked suspiciously.

"You'll find out." Alex said with a smirk.

The car ride was pretty smooth; they played music and sang along together knowing every lyric to Jon B. , Aaliyah, and Toni Braxton.
"Damn Crane it's been an hour. You not lost are you." Noah said teasing her.

"Ha ha ha." Alex said noticing his sarcasm. "We're about to pull up there now. Put this on."
Alex tossed Noah a blindfold.

"Why I gotta wear this?" Noah asked in a laugh.

"Just do it, pleasssssseeeee." Alex said in a way a kid would ask her mother for something.

"Okay okay." Noah obliged to her request and put the blind fold on. Alex grinned she knew she had Noah wrapped around her finger.

Alex parked her car and leaned over to Noah's side and said, "I'm gonna put these headphones on you too so you don't hear anything."

"Damn you not tryna do something to me are you?"

"You'll see." Alex laughed at Noah's nervousness.

Alex came to Noah's side of the door and opened it. "Take my hand and I'll lead the way."

When Alex grabbed Noah's hand it felt like a slight jolt of electricity go through him. Alex still had this effect on him no matter how hard he tried to ignore it. They walked and walked to what seemed like a forever then Alex stopped. When Alex removed the headphones and blindfold Noah heard the soft music being played through the speakers and saw the gold lights hanging around giving the atmosphere a peaceful vibe with the night sky.

"Surprise. Atlanta was having a music festival so I wanted to take you to get your creative juices flowing," Alex said.

Noah was smiling from ear to ear; he grabbed Alex in a hug so tight she lifted off the ground.

Alex laughed while in his embrace, " Noah your starting to hurt me."

Noah released her and shook his head kind of embarrassed, "Sorry Crane. Thank you. You know your amazing right?"

"I know,"Alex said with a grin. She grabbed Noah's hand and said, "Come on let's go."

They walked around the festival for a good hour amazed at the how beautiful the venue was. Listening to the different artists reminded Noah of when he was in their position a few years back. He never really believed his music would take him far until his friend Lucky told him that he wouldn't be slinging drugs in the street anymore because his music was going to take him far. He would be forever grateful for that friendship.
"Hey you wanna share some ice cream," Alex said snapping Noah out of his thoughts.