37

I was so angry. Why now, when everything is good in my life can Grayson not leave me alone? I'm finally happy.

He took away so much of my life and caused me so much heartache, pain, and feeling unworthy. During that time he wanted to be with every other girl and now he can and he won't leave me alone, when I'm finally happy.

Harry gave me a few minutes to myself before walking out and putting his arm around me. I leaned my head into his chest, his hand ran up and down my back.

"I'm sorry." Harry softly said as he kissed the top of my head.

"No I'm sorry. He's-" I began.

"No I'm sorry for getting mad at you for no reason. I shouldn't have assumed things. I should have talked to you first. I just let my anger take over. I don't want to fight with you."

"I should have told you about him. We broke up not that long ago and-"

"You don't have to explain. We don't have to get into all that right now."

"I feel like we should." I start, taking a pause preparing myself to explain this and how stupid I was. "We were together for like a year and a half. He cheated on me multiple times and I always forgave him. We would get back together. I was stupid and always thought he would change. I don't even know if what we had you can even call dating. I thought he was changing but he cheated on me basically our whole relationship." I went on explaining things. I could tell in Harry's eyes how sorry he felt. He kept adding in how sorry he felt and how no women should be treated like that and other things.

"I was blind. I was so blind that I almost wasn't going to come." 

"Come here? On tour?" Harry's expression changed.

"Yeah." I said nervously as noticed Harry's tone changed.

"You were together when we met?" He backed away from me waiting for my answer.

"Well kinda." I looked to the ground afraid of what his reaction would be. 

"So you were with him when we were talking and facetiming?"

"Yeah, kinda I don't know Harry, our relationship was messed up."

"What the fuck. So you like just broke up?" His voice raises slightly. 

"No we weren't technically together."

"But you were." Harry walked back into the room and I quickly followed trying to explain myself.

"It was complicated. Harry it doesn't matter. I want to be with you. He ruined so much of my life and I don't want to see him ever. He's completely out of my life."

"Obviously not." He avoided eye contact with me messing with things around the room. 

"Yes he is. I don't want to see him ever. He lied to me and cheated on me an-"

"Then why would you stay with him for so long?"

"Because I always wanted him to change. Our relationship was good in the beginning and I wanted it to be like that again. I don't know Harry. I know I was stupid and I hate myself for it. But I'm happy with you now." A tear fell down my face. Everything good I have Grayson fucks it up.

"We were talking and you were fucking him."

"I'm sorry. I didn't think we-" I cut myself off.

"Didn't think what? That we would ever be together. Was I like your back up or what?"

"No Harry stop. It wasn't like that. You and I weren't together, you and I both had the right to see other people at that time. And I wasn't fucking him, we hadn't since weeks before you and I even met if it matters so much. I didn't break up with him because of you, I did because I could finally see that how he treats me isn't right and I don't deserve that."

"You could have at least told me."

"How was I supposed to casually bring that up. And you have ex's too and you never brought them up."

"Yeah but I wasn't with anyone when we were together."

"We were not together, we hadn't been for weeks. I hadn't even thought about coming until I officially ended things for good."

"So you were just going to lead me on?"

"No, you're the one that made me realize that I didn't want to be with him and how a guy should really treat a girl."

His phone rang pausing our conversation.

"We have to go have dinner." He grabs his jacket and walks towards the door waiting for me to follow.

"You go, I'll stay here." I say going to lay down on the bed. 

"No, you're coming with." He reaches for my hand. 

"I'm not going Harry." I stubbornly say. 

"Yes you are." 

"No Harry. You go I- it's just I don't want to okay. Just go."

"Then I'm not going either." He sits down beside me. 

"Harry stop." I sit up as I feel like the anger inside me is going to explode between our conversation before and how he is so insistent we are both going to this dinner. 

"Rowan, I'm not going without you." 

"We're fighting I don't want to, just go." I tell him. 

"And I don't want to fight with you but-" I cut him off. 

"Well I'm sorry that I'm a fucking idiot and have a fucking stupid ex and that he messed with my emotions and played with my mind. He manipulated me. He made me think that was how a relationship was supposed to work. He was my first real relationship, I didn't know any different. He made me feel like I didn't deserve someone who actually cares about me and all I deserved was to be treated like shit." By now tears were flowing down my cheek and there was no stopping them. 

"Rowan I d-" Harry put his hand on my arm to comfort me.

"I'm sorry I was so stupid to stay with him so long and let him use me. I thought I was okay with our relationship but it took someone like you to actually care for me and show me what it love really feels like."

"You love me?"