Chapter 15

Imani

The girls took a nap as I held them in my arms. I wanted to take them back home but  they wouldn't let me, they wanted to see their sister. I heard noise coming  from the entrance of the hospital  and I could hear August voice.

"Excuse me Ma am I need to see Kayden Alsina it's an emergency?"
"And what is she to you sir?"
"My niece, please is she ok?"

The doctor stepped out of the room Kay was in he was holding a few notes and he walked towards me.
"Miss Imani I have some news for you" he said walking closer to me and the girls. I tried standing up without waking them up but that would be impossible. The moment they felt me moving they woke up instantly.
"Don't go please" Amaya said in her sleepy voice.
"I'm not leaving sweetheart I just need to talk to the doctor"
"Ok"

"Imani Imani!!" August shouted as he came running to me. "Where's my baby?"
"The doctor was about to inform me"
The girls rushed to him and hugged him.
"I'm  August these are my nieces please tell me my baby is ok"
"It's nice to meet you Mr August even though it's under such terrible circumstances, I was about to brief Miss Imani about Kaydens case. I have good news we have stabilised her and she's out of the critical stage. She is able to breath by the help of the breathing machine. We going to keep her over night just to do more tests and I'll give you the results that I get tomorrow"
"Can we see her?" I asked
"Yes you can, but for a short while she needs to rest"
"Thank you a lot   doc I appreciate it" August said reaching out his hand to him. They shook hands and after that the doctor  left us. We walked into Kays room and she looked at peace. Seeing her in that condition broke my heart tangled in those tubes. But her sleeping gave me a sense of peace and reassurance that she will be ok. She looked beautiful and at peace, even though I knew she had experienced so much pain and trauma.
August stood besides her and held her hand. I watched him stroke her hair and give her soft kisses. I could tell he wanted to break down but he held it in.
"Is she going to be ok?" Chay asked with tears in her eyes. She was standing next to me. I bent down to her level so I could talk to her properly.
"Yes baby she's ok, she's just asleep now, she needs all the rest she can get so that tomorrow she can come home. Go give her a kiss"
She walked towards Kays bed and Amaya followed behind her. They were tall enough to reach the bed and hold Kays hand they both gave her a kiss on the cheeck. I could tell August was having a hard time and I wanted him to have this moment to himself by himself.
"Hey girls how about you say your final goodbyes so I can take you home and get you prepared  for bed"
"I don't want to leave her alone" Amaya said
"You won't Uncle Aug will stay here with her, I promise  you will come see her first thing in the morning"
"Imani is right, you need to rest ok" August gave them hugs and they walked out the room. When they were out the room  I walked up to August.
"You're going to be ok?"
"Ya I'll be good, can you please take care of my girls I'll come home  later"
"Ok" I gave him a soft touch on his arm and left. He needs time alone with Kay. And I didn't want the girls to see him breakdown. And I'm sure he also didn't want that too. He was holding it in pretty well.

Triston insisted on driving us back, even though I resisted but he wouldn't let me. Knowing how him and  August are so stuborn I let it go. I  understand why they are so protective.

When we got home I prepared the girls to go to sleep. I helped them clean up and get into pyjamas. We said a little prayer before they got inside their beds and fell asleep. I  also took a shower and freshened up, I wore a big t-shirt and shorts that August never used, it was in the spare bedroom. I geuss he had a few clothes in there for people who were going to sleep over. I  was going to sleep in the spare bedroom tonight.

I heard sounds coming from downstairs, the doors were making a squeaky sound. I guess it was August. Deep inside I want to go check up on him and have a conversation, I could really  tell that he needed someone to talk too. But knowing him and  how intimidating he really is I choose to ignore that urge. I heard footsteps coming upstairs and going into his room. He was going to be ok. I tried closing my eyes to get some rest but my body wouldn't  let me. My spirit felt heavy and not at ease. This whole incident has really taken a toll on me.

I  was disturbed by a loud sound coming from August room. I think it was a glass breaking  I quickly stood up and walked up to his bedroom door. It was slightly open, I knocked a few times before I stepped inside, he was sitting at the edge of his bed with his head bowed down. I noticed shattered glass scattered everywhere. He threw a glass vas on the wall. I  don't know whether to walk up to him or just stand.
"Heyy" I dragged it out a little with a soft voice.
I walked towards him and sat besides him. He made no signs and was zoned out. I stood and kneeled on my knees in front of him. I held his face in my hands and looked in his eyes, tears were running down his eyes.
"August talk to me?"
But  his lips were trying to fight the urge not to cry harder.
"I'm here for you, you can talk  to me" I wanted to reassure him that he is not alone.
"It's so FUCKEN hard man! When will this shit stop!"
I held his hands and rubbed them gently.
"Everything is going left, I thought I was on the right path, but shit always gotta go bad. Why Me? Huh why?"
I didn't want to disturb him by answering back I needed him to say whatever that  was on his chest before I could say anything back. It broke my heart seeing him like this, it hurt so bad.
"I lost my brother man, my own FUCKEN blood, then my sister dies too and this shit happens, Imani how am I supposed to carry on huh? Tell me cause I can't do this shit anymore, I don't think I can take this pain"
His face was wet with tears, he was looking directly in my eyes. I swear I could feel our souls connecting. I felt his pain, hurt and anger all at once as if we were made as one.
"I've gotchu August" was all I could say
"I'm here for  you, you're allowed to break it's ok"
"How can I  do that when I have my girls to take care Of?" His voice was breaking
"I need to be strong for them"
"You can't continue like this August, you're torturing yourself. You're also human and you can only take so much. It's ok not to be strong all the time, it's ok to break down and let your walls fall"
"I can't....I can't" his voice was breaking and he could hardly get words out. He slid down the bed to kneel in front of me on the floor. Our bodies were close to each other. I held him close with my arms and pulled him closer to me.
"I'm here now, you're not alone....I'm  here for you and I'm not going anywhere. You don't have to do it alone"
"I can't take this pain it hurts so FUCKEN bad"
I looked at him and our faces were close to each other.
"You're the strongest person I know, well second to my mother"
He did a side smile
"You carry the world on your shoulders and yet you're still standing. I don't think you realise just how far you've come, you can't give up now.....maybe you've never had someone to talk to, someone to rely on, someone who feels and understands your pain. I can be that person for you" I was fully honest, I wanted to be there for him. I wanted to hold him and bring him peace and healing.
He hugged me tightly and pulled me closer and I hugged him back. We stayed like that for a while, I needed him to absorb some of my energy for strength.

😆😆❤❤. I'm loving where this is going. But is August ready? I don't think so😂
Please comment  and vote😘😘