Chapter 6

August

I  was woken up by my bed moving and loud noises in my room.
"Uncle Aug wake up" Amaya  shouted. They were jumping ontop of my bed. I tried covering myself up with my blanket. I'm really tired, I spent almost the whole night in the studio creating songs. My girls were back and I had to prepare them for school.
"Ok ok I'm up"
"I'm hungry" Kay said complaining.
"Well I'll make us something to eat if you promise to stop making so much noise"
"Ok uncle Aug can you wake up now" Chay the oldest girl said. I quickly pulled her closer to me and tickled her. It didn't last long until they all came ontop of me trying to fight me off. I honestly loved having them around they are my world.

I prepared them cereal with milk. We were already late and I didn't have time to prepare a full breakfast. I made sure they took a shower and wore their school uniform.
"Chay can you make sure Amaya is dressed and ready?"
"Yes Sir" she ran back upstairs to check up on her little sister. All three of them came back carrying their backpacks and looking cute. Damn their hair.
"Chay what happened to your sisters hair? They can't go to school like that"
"I tried helping but they wouldn't let me"
"Ok fetch your comb and hair cream I'll do it"

I was busy trying to comb Kays hair into a bun but she kept moving around.
"Uncle Aug my hair is sore" she had tears in her eyes.
"I know Kay I'm almost done"
When I was done with her I did Amayas hair. It didn't look perfect but it will do. I rushed them into the car and drove them to school.

"Triston I really need that nanny  you were talking about, this morning was too much"
"I bet, she's a student like I told you but I think she can help around"
"Can I meet her as in today"
"Ya sure boss I can make it happen".
Its really going to be hard letting a stranger into my house and help with my girls.  I mean I don't know her like that. But I'm willing to give it a shot. I  watched Triston as he made a few phone calls, I geuss he was setting up this meeting.
"I just sent her the directions she'll be here in 20minutes"
"Oh so she's from around?"
"Ya Of cause. I know her mom very well"
"Ok well let me know when she's here, I'll be on  the balcony smoking"
I walked upstairs and sat on my favourite chair that was in the balcony. I loved the view from here everything is perfect and peaceful. I let my thoughts run wild while I let myself go. And allowed the plant to do its job. It was able to calm me down like nothing else.

"She's downstairs" Triston said as he peeked through the glass door.
"I'm coming now"
"Ok, I'm going to the store call me if you need me"
"Ya sure"
I took a tiktok to freshen up my breath and sprayed some cologne so I wouldn't smell like weed. When I walked downstairs I noticed someone properly sitting on the sofa. She looked neat and proper. As I walked closer I noticed her beautiful face. She had long straight hair, and was  caramel in complexion. Her skin looked perfect. Everything about her seemed perfect, her body was perfectly thick. Man this is not what I had expected.

"Hi I'm August" I moved  closer to her and she stood up to shake my hand

"Afternoon  sir my name is Imani" her hand felt so soft and delicate.
"It's nice to meet you, you can have a seat"
"Thank you" she proceeded to sit down and had a file on her lap.
"So Imani do you know the job I wanted you for"
"Yes sir I think I do. You needed help with your three girls"
"Umm yes. They're my three nieces and they're  quite a handful. Can you handle that?"
"Yes I can. I've worked with children before but in a much different setting"
"Can you tell me more about yourself and what you do?"
"Well I'm a student at University and I'm currently doing my honours in Political Science and Governance. I'm originally from Ethiopia and my family and I moved here a few years ago. It's only my mother and my younger sister Bambi. I  have a small charity that I run we help refugees with their basic necessities. That's were I get to meet children and  work with them. It's close to my heart because I was once a refugee myself. I think I summarized everything"
"Wow that's impressive and beautiful"
I don't  know what it is about her but she captivated me and I just wanted to know more about her.
"What is it that you're holding?"
"Oh sorry I totally forgot, it's my CV sir" she handed it to me.
"I don't think I need it" she looked a bit disappointed.
"I would actually love for you to help me out"
"Wow thank you so much Mr Alsina, I promise I'll do my best"
"Well you can start by calling me August and the rest will fall into place."
"Yes sir I mean August" she quickly corrected herself. I  can tell I make her nervous.
"Well one thing you must  know is that my career is hectic and there's a lot of unusual things that you'll have to deal with. I hope you're prepared for the good and bad. All I'm asking from you is loyalty. You'll be around my personal space and family so I expect honesty and loyalty. No snitching or talking to the blogs I don't get down like that. We're clear on that?" My voice was a bit firm this time. I'm not letting anyone cross me.
"Yes sir I hear you, you don't have to worry about all of that"
"Do you have  a license?"
"Yes I do"
"Well you can start by fetching my girls from school today. Triston will go with you so they'll know who you are"
She stood up to leave.
"Oh and you can use my Mercedes when you run my errands"  

They have officially met😆. Please do comment and vote!!! I love you for reading