Chapter 10

August

"What do you mean you can't find your gold watch?" 
"I swear I had it with me, I must of taken it off when I was in the kitchen or the study table"
"Ok don't worry I'll look for it, I'm sure it's around"
We had just finished doing our business, I must say I missed this freak. Viola can do all sorts of things to a nigga. But I needed her to leave so I can spend more time in the studio and actually rest from the show I had. And this girl wants to  fuss over a gold watch that she must of left somewhere. I walked into the kitchen looking for it all over. I went over to Imani she looked busy on her laptop.
And I must say that shit turned me on. She was focused and busy not worried about nothing but her business. I love seeing smart focused black girls. She even had those cute specticals she has on when reading. You can tell her ass is smart from a distance.
"So you not even gonna take a break ma?"
"Well when I'm finally done I will"
"You work too hard you know that right?"
"Says August the guy who hardly rests, we not rich like you Mr."
"Trust me you're closer to being rich than you think, you've got brains and that will take you far"
"Thank you I appreciate that, shoot look at the time I have to fetch the girls from school"
"Before you leave ma have you seen Violas watch she says she lost it"
"Oh the last time I saw it she was wearing it"
"Ok well when you see it just let me know"
"Will do so" she said leaving.

"I can't find it Viola I'm sure someone will find it and I'll let you know, if they don't I'll just buy you another one"
"August you can't, it's not just any watch my dad gave it to me before he passed  August, that's the only thing I have left from him"
She had tears in her eyes and  I must say I've never seen her like this.
"Please find it, that's the only piece left of my dad"
"Ok ok don't cry, do you remember the exact place you left it"
"Well I was in the kitchen, then I went to the study area to chill with Imani, if it's not in the kitchen then I left it on that table"
"Ok let me look there"
We both walked out and went to the study table to look for it. There were papers everywhere and Imanis laptop and her bag. I looked every where.
"It can't be here"
"Well did you look inside the bag, under the table or chair?"
"And why would it be in her bag"
"I didn't say it was just make sure"
I first hesitated, then took her bag and took everything out.
"Well its not here......wait is it this one?"
It was inside a small pocket inside the bag.
"Yes that's the one...but why is it inside her bag?"
"How the hell should I know?"
"Well that means one thing, I didn't put it there someone else did"
"Viola what are you trying to say? That Imani stole your watch?"
"That's not what I'm saying"
"Well what are you saying?"
"Explain how my watch just ended up inside someone's bag huh explain that"
"I don't know? Did you put it inside?"
"What!!...how can you ask me something like that. You know I would never do anything like that August" she was crying at this point.
"Ok ok we found it you don't have to cry now"
"How can I not cry when you choose to speak for someone you barely know. A help August! Someone who actually needs the money. Even if I did do it , why would I? I get along with her I thought we were actually becoming friends"
"If you're right I'll sort this out ok, but I just need to rest right now ok. I'll call you"
I gave her a hug and walked her out. A nigga needs his sleep I'll deal with this later on.

I woke up thinking it's the next day. But it was 11pm at night. Damn I really napped the whole day. But I really needed it. I rolled my blunt and went out to my balcony to smoke. I  really needed the rest, if I don't slow down I  swear I'm gonna end up in the hospital. But truthfully I keep myself busy so I don't have to face the reality of losing my sister and having all these major responsibilities. Until I know how to deal with everything this is what I'll continue doing. I decided to hit my nigga up Chris. We both been busy with our careers and haven't had time to chill.

Me: Yo nigga it's me Aug
Chris: Yo I know who  you is...
Me: Well nigga how was I supposed to know you've been Mia
Chris: I know man I've  just had a lot to deal with  lately,  you good though?
Me: I'm holding up, could be better..you?
Chris: Same old same old. Just trying to get through you know how it is.
Me: Ya I know. We haven't linked up nigga I kinda miss your crazy ass
Chris: My  tour has been keeping me busy you know but definitely we should link
Me: We should...something funny actually came up today
Chris: I'm all ears I wanna laugh too nigga
Me: So this bitch I'm fucking right she came around today and lost her gold watch in my house. She claims it's special cause she got it from her late dad.
Chris: Ya
Me: So I help her look for it, to only find it in Imanis bag
Chris: Now who the hell is Imani
Me: She's a college girl I have helping around with the girls. She's real sweet and everything.
Chris: You haven't smashed her right?
Me: Nigga  it ain't nothing like that, she a good girl that helps me with my chaotic life.
Chris: So you think she might have stolen it
Me: I don't know what to think bro... Viola cried and denied putting it  in there. I mean I've never seen her so emotional over anything nigga, even me.
Chris: How  long have you had this Imani girl around you?
Me: For a couple of weeks now, she's never done anything out of line, but still I've  only known her for a minute now. And I've  known  Viola for long now
Chris: I mean Imani sounds sweet and everything  but bruh you know too well not to trust any girl especially when you have her around your space all the time. I don't see why Viola would lie, I mean Imani is just the help why would she have beef with her
Me: You  right I'm tripping the truth is right in front of me.
Chris:  Well do what you have to do before anything worse than this actually happens.
Me: Ya sure I'll sort it out. I appreciate you bro
Chris: It's all love
I dropped the call and went back to my blunt. Viola had no reason to lie and plant that in her bag. But at the same time Imani just doesn't seem like that type you know. She s been truthful so far. If she did this than I  really can't keep her around.