Chapter 12

August

A part of me tells me Imani was telling the truth. Viola can be messy and I know it, but she's never done no foul shit  to me. The reason I let Imani go was because I cannot risk having no shady person in my personal life. But when I look at her I don't  even  think she would ever do anything like that. To get my mind of things I've been in the studio listening to my old music. I  have a lot to be grateful for, God has been riding with a nigga ever since I was a youngin. All the hell I've been through only made me stronger. And it was written all over my music.

"Yo August what the hell did you do!"  Triston shouted from the door.
"Why the hell are you shouting? You know I don't like being disturbed nigga"
"You fired Imani over a dum bitch really nigga"
"What was I supposed to do huh? Just let her stay"
"Are you even listening to yourself right now, this girl has been riding for you, doing extra shit just to help you"
"You think I don't know all of that, you know how I am with bringing new people to my crib"
"But I told you she ain't like the rest, but no you had to think with your dick instead"
"Nigga fuck you who you think you talking too?" I stood up from my chair to face him. He got me fucked up if he thinks he can talk to me any kind of way.
"I'm talking to, you're gonna feel real stupid after watching this" he tossed a CD  on my table.
"What the fuck is this"
"That will show you the truth you need to know. You have servilliaince cameras working 24 hours in your house nigga and you didn't even think of checking them"
"Shit!" I totally didn't even think about it.
"I'm leaving bro, I need to go talk to Imani"
And just like that he left my studio. I didn't waste anytime pulling out my laptop and inserting it. It had a 2 minutes clip that showed Viola quickly taking out her watch and putting it in Imanis bag. A few seconds later Imani shows up and Viola  acts like nothing happened. She acted real weird, I don't know how Imani didn't catch that. Fuck!! I feel real stupid right now. My insecurities got the best of me, this has nothing to do with Imani and Viola. If I have to be honest with myself I'm scared. Imani was like a total stranger that came into our lives. She's been nothing but perfect, when you're someone like me, letting someone come into your life is a struggle. She was getting to close for me and I used this as an excuse to let her go. I have to get her back and cut this bitch Viola.

Me: How fast can you get here?
Viola🍑: I can get there in a second babe
Me: Get your ass here asap
Viola🍑: Yes daddy

She definitely won't be calling me that when I'm done with her.
I dialed Imanis number in hopes that she will pick up. And luckily she did.

Imani💯: What?
Me: Hey how are you ma?
Imani💯: You called me to ask how I'm doing that's funny.
Me: Imani I know you mad, can we meet up and talk?
Imani💯: I don't have anything to say to you.
Me: I know you don't but I do. All I ask is a few minutes of your time please.
Imani💯: Whatever you want to say to me, you can say it now I'm listening.
Me: I need to apologize to you face to face. It won't be real if it's over the phone.
Imani💯: Well I'm busy and I'm not about to drive to your place.
Me: That's ok I can come to you I don't mind
Imani💯: I'll text you my location

She dropped the call without even saying anything. But it's ok atleast she's kind enough to let me apologize to her. I really messed up big time. And I'm gonna make it right.
The door bell rang and I guess it's Viola.

I'm not even in the mood to let her inside

I'm not even in the mood to let her inside. This is the last day she'll ever step foot in this yard.
I opened the door and she tried to get in.
"Nah bitch you're gonna stand outside, you're not welcome here"
"What? Since when I can't come inside"
"From this day you're not welcomed  in here, I never want to see you in my yard. Matter of fact I was on my way to let security know you're not welcome here. And if I see you around we're gonna have a problem"
"August, baby please whatever it is we can talk about it"
"Talk about what? You lied to me, you made me get rid of Imani when you knew you was lying all along...you disgust me"
"You don't know her like I do August, she can't be trusted ok, I'm the one that loves you" she had tears in her eyes.
"You disgust me, I knew you were dirty but not like this. Now I'm gonna be nice and let you go. But if I see you here I'm  taking your ass to jail"
I walked right past her and went to my car, I already had my phone and car keys and I needed to make my way to Imanis place. Viola  was standing there amazed at what just happened. I couldn't care less. When I got to the gate I let Mr Huang know  to get her out and never let her in.

"Yo I'm here to see Imani her apartment is number 306"
"Oh shit you're August"
"Yes I am" he looked star struck, it kills me every time. I swear I can never get used to it.
"You  can sign yourself in and its that way"
I did as he said.
"You too scared to ask for a picture nigga" I asked  laughing.
"I would appreciate that, can I?"
"Ya sure why not, but I'm not getting out the car"
He quickly came to my car door and he took the picture from my window and I drove away.

I needed to take an elevator to get to her floor  and I did exactly that. In the passage a group of girls spotted  me. I heard them screaming and running towards me. Shit I totally forgot to cover myself. I really didn't want to bring so much attention to Imanis place. But I just have to play it cool now.
"Oh my gosh, you're  August Alsina right?" The one girl asked.
"Well the last time I checked yes I am"
"We love you so much, I mean your music"
"I appreciate that"
"Can we take a picture with you?" The girl standing behind asked
"Ya why not" they took out their phones and started snapping pictures.
"Can you sing for us August"
"You know what, I'm  actually in a hurry to see someone, but y'all can come through on Friday I'll be hosting at Taboo club and I'll sing for y'all there"
"We would love that, you look so much better in person"
"Thank you so much" I chuckled to myself and left them there. I would have spent more time with them but Imani was expecting me.
I knocked a few times before she opened for me.

"Oh it's you" she said with an attitude and let me in

"You were expecting someone else"
"Nah...I heard giggles and girls screaming outside was it you?"
"Ya a few girls wanted pictures...can I sit down?"
She looked beautiful even though she looked simple with no makeup at all. Just a big sweater  and some shorts. And her glasses which always turned me on but I could never let her know that.
"Ya sure have a sit, I don't  know if  I should offer you anything to drink since you made me mad"
"Umm I'm good for now"
"Anyways why are you here? And couldn't you cover yourself I can't deal with extra attention right now"
"I'm sorry about that I'll make sure to cover next time. Can you please sit so we can talk"
She sat down with her arms folded I could sense she still had attitude. If she was mine I  would have solved that a long time ago.
"Now, I know what I did was messed up. I'm even mad at myself for kicking you out like that. I'm not one to go out of my way to apologize  to someone. But with you I had too, I was in the wrong and I admit it. And for that I'm sorry"
"How did you find out you were wrong?"
"Triston made me realise the truth. You won't be seeing Viola any more I told her to never come back."
Something told me to grab her hands sofly and hold them while I reassured her of how sorry I am. I looked her deep in her eyes and she shyed away.
"No ma look at me" I lifted her chin gently so she can face me
"I appreciate having you around, you've been a big help. No one has ever gone out of their way to help me like you did. You're also good with the kids and they love you. I wouldn't want to lose you over something so stupid ok."
"Ya..I hear you, but what you said to me was hurtful no one has ever called me a thief nor accused me of stealing"
"I know that ma, how could they when you're an angel. I'm sorry and I want us to put this behind us ok..come back"
"I mean I forgive you" she said with a slight smile
"That means you're coming back right?"
"No"
"Wow just like that?"
"Ya just like that"
"But I'm grateful you forgave me. And I totally understand why you wouldn't want to come back".