Chapter Twenty-seven

Savannah dropped my arm, and I let it dangle on my side as we entered the girls' restroom

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Savannah dropped my arm, and I let it dangle on my side as we entered the girls' restroom. She takes three steps back and forth before pausing and turning her heel around to face me.

I really couldn't put my finger on it, but there was something written on her face that I couldn't identify. It seemed as if she was hiding something from me, and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to accept it or not.

"What's the matter? Is everything all right?" I questioned. "Is everything at your house or with you and Jeffrey, okay?"

She scratches the back of her head before looking at me, "Janice told me about this guy...." I notice she was fidgeting her fingers as she continues to say, "This guy whose name starts with an A... I forgot his name, but Janice told me about that, and I've seen this guy."

I look at her, confused, "What's your point?"

She stops me from trying to speak further by raising her hand midway in the air and inches away from my face, "I've seen his face, and I just realized that you're hanging out with that guy."

"And so?" I felt my voice slightly raising with my questioning tone of voice as my left eyebrow raises in concern.

"You need to get away from him," she says, "No, actually, you need to cut him out of your life."

I rolled my eyes as my lips tugged into a playful smirk, "Because?"

"Because he's not good for you. I believe he has intentions of hurting you," Savannah says as she folds her arms to her chest.

I placed my hands on her shoulders and say, "And you're saying all of these because Janice told you?" Then, I stare at her, "Have you ever met him?"

She ignores eye contact with me as she falls silent, "You haven't spoken to me in weeks, and you're approaching me now just to advise me to cut him off? Are you even aware of what you're talking about?"

I don't know, and I am not sure what I sounded like when I said that, but her gaze was drawn immediately to mine. She shakes both of my hands off her shoulders as she says, "I only want what is best for you!"

"Best for me?" I questioned, "By listening to Janice, you believe you know what's best for me? So, I thought we were both in agreement that she was a jerk who gossiped about other people's lives?"

"But we both can't deny that she also speaks about the truth," Savannah says. "You know, it's just a matter of you accepting it."

I shake my head with my eyebrows furrowed—annoyed as I say, "What does that even mean?"

"That what she told everyone about you was the truth, and you just can't and won't admit to that," She deadpans.

All I did was stare at Savannah as I could not digest everything she has told me up at this point. I felt as if I were dreaming, and I desperately needed someone to wake me up from my nightmare.