An Old Man's Meddling

Author's note:
Ok so I did my research for this chapter and I came across this lovely bird that I definitely need to own now. I put a photo up above, and really, it's called a Black Eagle (Ictinaetus malayensis), and I think I'm in love. Look at that beauty! Grace! Pose!

Anyways, I have another chapter out now. This one doesn't have any warnings, so yay. Mostly some Dumbledore bashing, which I'm always up for. That's it for now. Hope you like it!

Disclaimer: even though I, and so many others, have literally invested our souls into Harry Potter, we still don't own the series... *emits sad fandom noises*

Enjoy!

'Come in, my boy!'

Harry, standing in front of the door to Dumbledore's office with his fist two centimeters away from knocking, clenched his hands and managed a tight smile before he stiffly strode in.

'Hello Headmaster.'

Dumbledore smiled at him. Harry repressed the urge to hang the old man by his beard and smiled back as he sat down opposite him.

'Lemon drop?'

Harry, still smiling -though rather strained-, shook his head lightly. He didn't want any of that Calming Drought laced candy, thank-you-very-much.

Dumbledore, obviously waiting for Harry to break the silence, smiled once again. After almost a minute of silence, in which Harry had calmly let his eyes wander around the room, it became clear to Dumbledore that Harry wouldn't just speak.

'So, my boy-'

'I'm not "your boy", headmaster.'

Dumbledore blinked. 'So, Harry-'

'With all due respect, sir, my name is Hadrian James Potter. You may call me mister Potter, but no more than that.'

'All right, all right,' Dumbledore said, huffing out a mild laugh, though Harry did see some irritation flash through his eyes, 'Mister Potter. How has your time been so far?'

Harry nodded, seemingly pondering over the question. 'Quite nice, I suppose. The lessons are fascinating, and Slytherin seems to accept me more easily than I thought they would.'

Dumbledore nodded along. 'That is fantastic, Harr- mister Potter. It's great to make new friends.

'On that topic, have you noticed the young mister Weasley trying to befriend you? I've heard some people say that you are quite... blunt towards him. It seems like such a waste to spoil the start of a friendship.'

Harry's lips twitched in irritation. If the Headmaster was trying to push his buttons, Harry hated to admit the man was coming close.

'Sir, please. He's only been pushy and rude to me, and the first time I met him he told me that "all Slytherin are Death Eaters'. You must understand I am strongly against forming a friendship with someone who hates my House, and my other... friends... as well.'

Dumbledore frowned. 'I hadn't realized mister Weasley was so overbearing. I'll ask him to tone it down a bit. It could be good to form friends in other houses than Slytherin though. I don't mean to be insulting, but I will warn you that there are a lot of people in Slytherin who might not want the best for you.'

Harry nodded seriously, but coldly. 'I understand. I know many have Death Eaters as parents, but the parents don't make the child.'

Dumbledore fixed Harry with a piecing stare. Harry stared back, smashing Dumbledore's attempt at Legilimansy away with a thought. Enraged on the inside, he merely lifted an eyebrow.