Better be...

Author's note:

So I forgot to mention, but because Voldy came back earlier, he didn't go after the Stone in the vacation before first year. He also doesn't possess Quirrell because why the hell should he- he has a Death Eater army to manage. There is something going on with Quirrell but I'll leave that to later.

Also my accent for Hagrid is trash, don't mind me.

Anyways, let's get on with the story!

Disclaimer: I don't own the HP universe, 'cuz I'm no Warner Bros or JK Rowling...

Enjoy!

'First years! First years o'er 'ere! First years gath'r 'round meh!'

Even from all the way in the back of the train, Harry could hear the booming voice of the friendly half-giant. With a small smile Harry thought back at the moments he had had with him. Harry was quite sure the guy had a good heart and didn't purposely mislead him, but was easily manipulated and had an unhealthy adoration for Dumbledore.

With a fluid motion, he got up and, leading his new friends, walked over to the little boats. Choosing one to get in, he subtly cast a stabilizing charm. They might be aesthetically pleasing, but Harry remembered how on a couple of occasions dripping wet first-years came walking through the great hall. Not much fun.

He ended up in a boat with Blaise, Pansy and a girl called Angelina- or that was what he read from her surface thoughts at least.

'All right-y! Lis'n up kids! Not more th'n four a boat, yeah?

All in? Ok, let's SAIL!'

With a shock, the boats started moving. Harry's boat less than the others thanks to his stabilizing charm, but still.

Whilst the other kids looked around with big eyes, Harry couldn't stop a small sigh passing his lips. Subtly stretching out his magic, he searched for the sentient magical core he'd always known Hogwarts had. It felt warm, welcoming. Like it'd never judge him, always accept him.

He completely understood Voldemort's desperation to come here again as teacher.

'Duck!' Hagrid bellowed, as the group passed the low bridge.

Harry was the only one still sitting up, knowing that whatever Hagrid would have to duck for would not affect his relatively tiny body. Glancing over the crowd, he was the first to see the frontal view of Hogwarts. It was majestic.

The old walls, standing for centuries, were almost glowing with magic, and the intricate arches and towers looked otherworldly from the little boats. Harry heard multiple gasps coming from people whilst he basked in he intense feeling the castle gave him. This would need some getting used to.

It was too soon that they landed again, and once they were all safely on land, Hagrid threw the doors open, leading them inside where Professor McGonagall was waiting for them.

The hall was just like Harry remembered it. As big as a house, with hard stone walls and torches high up, illumination the high ceilings.

Waiting for the small murmuring to cease, Professor McGonagall raised her hands patiently.

'Silence!

'Now then. First of all, welcome to Hogwarts. In a few moments, the feast will start, welcoming all the students back to the castle. You will be allowed inside in a second, for your sorting. Before you will be led in for your sorting though, you will wait here for a few moments more.

Now there are four Houses here at Hogwarts. Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin and Gryffindor. Each and every of these houses has their own noble values, represented by many famous wizards in their history. The houses are important, for they are where you will be staying- with your house-mates-for the rest of your school career. You will attend lessons with them, eat with them, sleep with them, have fun... it is essential that you are accepting and nice toward each other, for you will be together in a dorm for seven years, starting tonight.