Chapter 4: A Chance Encounter

Start from the beginning

meanwhile Dante was approaching Françoise Dupont High School, the new school that he would be attending. It didn't take that long to walk there because it was only a few blocks away. When he got there everyone was in class so it was pretty quite.

Dante: "Okay where's the principal? There is only one way to find the right door. eeny meeny miny that one."

Dante walks up to the door and knocks then hears a come in. When he opens the door he sees a man who had an uncanny resemblance to an owl.

???: "I am principal Damocles. Is there something you need young man?"

Dante: 'Awesome I got it right on the first try' "Yes, I am the student that is suppose to start Monday. I just came to pick up my schedule and let you know that I arrived in Paris."

Damocles: "Very good, Its going to be good for the school when it has an exchange student from Greece and don't worry. Your guardian already explained and already filled out all the necessary paperwork and has already asked me to be discrete about your nationality. no doubt everyone would would swarm you with questions about one of the few places on earth that is completely unknown to everyone who isn't from there." 

Dante: "I appreciate that sir. I will take my leave now."

Dante walked out of the school with his new schedule quicker than he entered because it was almost time for the students to be done for the day and he didn't want to be seen by any of them so he could surprise them on Monday. As he was leaving his stomach growled and he looked around to see if anything was close. Coincidentally there was what looked to be a bakery right next to the school and he thought that is was the perfect thing to satisfy his hunger. Dante has always loved sweets and has always had a weakness for food. As he got close to the bakery it said Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie.

Dante: 'This can't be a coincidence. The same bakery that my parents promised to visit but never could. Since they can no longer do it then I will fulfill their promise for them'

Dante entered the bakery with his hood up so they couldn't see his face and walked to the counter.

Sabine: "Welcome, how may I help you?"

Dante: "A dozen macaroons please."

Sabine packs a dozen in a box and Dante pays for it and begins to leave. As he is by the door he turns around and speaks up to Sabine.

Dante: "I also came to deliver an apology to you and Tom on the behalf of Andreas and Lilith Barbatos for they are unable to keep their promise."

Dante left the bakery and upon hearing the two names of her old friends that she hasn't seen in years Sabine chased after Dante wanting an explanation, but when she got outside Dante was nowhere to be seen. Dante was already in a park and had successfully evaded the interrogation he would no doubt receive eating his macaroons.

Dante: "These are really good. I might just have to visit more often. Now that I had something to eat I should get to exploring the city."

Before Dante could take off he heard someone panicking close by. When he looked it was a group of Americans that had instruments. he walks up to the group who now noticed his presence. Dante starts speaking in perfect English.

Dante: "Do you guys need any help? you seem to be in a panic."

Guitar player: "We were going to play a song for everyone here, but our main guitarist hurt his hand and can't play so unless you can play guitar and sing than you won't be much help."

Dante: "I can play guitar and sing."

Guitar player: "We'll take the help then here is the guitar and the lyrics. We go on in ten minutes so get ready."