Chapter 30 - Broken and Bruised

Start from the beginning

 "My pack won't understand, what I did tonight was treason, punishable by death I couldn't let anyone else help me if we failed" I yelled at her, 

"You are an Alpha!" she appeared in front of me, having closed the distance in the blink of an eye. My heart beat in my chest as she loomed over me, her might and power making her appear larger than she is. 

"And an Alpha is only as strong as their pack" she finished, calming down. 

"I am not an Alpha, I was not born to be an Alpha" I explain, 

"You may not have been born of the blood line but you have Alpha blood just the same, my blood flows through your veins. You are frightened of what your Alpha will do to you, then defend yourself and your actions against him. He holds no power over you and you know that, you have sensed that all along, why do you think it was so easy for you disregard what he says? So easy to disobey the laws of your pack? because you are held above such laws."

"Nobody is above pack law or the code, which is exactly the reason why I chose not to follow Alpha Knight because he went against it, he broke our law and now he must answer to them" Poppy stood there and smiled. 

"Spoken like an Alpha" she said, "But you cannot continue to do this on your own Lily, or you will fail. You must embrace who you are, The Infinite White, you need to show the packs that you are strong, that you listen and deposit justice, that you only want peace and an end to the darkness that has become a lingering shadow over all of you". 

"I wouldn't be able to forgive myself in anyone got hurt" I looked down in shame, Alpha's didn't speak like that, all wolves receive honorable deaths in battle but I wouldn't find it honorable if they paid for my mistakes. 

"I tried doing it alone, I paid the price, the only reason I was able to defeat the demon wolf before my passing was because my pack spilled their blood in honor of my battle, my sacrifice to protect them. It gave me strength, enough to take him down too. If I had used their help maybe I might of survived, but you have a chance to learn from my story and do things right this time." I look down at my body, 

"If I ever wake up" I respond, the cuts weren't healing, the blood was drying.

"You will, he may have wounded you but it'll take more than that to kill you". I looked back up to where Poppy stood but she was gone, just empty forest in her place. The world started to move again, I heard Taylor's quiet sobs and Eric's screams of agony, the pain I felt from his voice nearly knocked me over. 

I lay a hand upon my broken and bloody body and felt myself being pulled back into my consciousness. The pain returning, each cut, broken bone felt, I wanted to slip into the darkness that beckoned me but I knew I couldn't. I opened my eyes, my vision trying hard to focus, I winced as I was unable to control the spasms happening in my body. 

"Lily?" Taylor moved, careful not to touch me, bring himself into my field of vision. 

"You're alive" he breathes in relief, 

"Go" I manage to wheeze out, the feeling felt like a knife being shoved into my ribs. 

"What?" he asked, assessing my face, his eyes always drawing to my head, 

"Go" I tell him, my words followed by howls in the distance, "Take Keith and go" I manage to groan out, unable to move much. 

"I don't want to leave you what if he comes back?" he asks, his survival instincts had him scanning the woods around us. 

"If you stay my pack will rip you apart" my meek voice, soft as I try to force the words out. 

"Go" I whisper, trying to lift my arm to push him away, the pain blinding me, "Go!" I shout the words coming out louder as my hand finds his arms. I hear him get up and run off.