Chapter 34 - Pledge Allegiance

I didn't want to go into detail about the how's and the whys of everything that had happened, I owned up to my mistakes and kept to the key points, the pack was divided, uneasy, unsettled, I didn't want to say or do anything that might negatively effect them long term but I needed to out Alpha Knight as the fraud he is and let them all know what he has done and how he has jeopardized the pack in order to keep his secret. They stood there, silently, listening to the words I had to say, I had no idea if they were registering, if people believed me but it was good to not have the weight of this packs misdeeds hanging on my shoulders anymore. 

"We may be a pack but you all have your own minds, whether you believe me or not is up to you to decide, I will not hold a grudge against anyone who wishes to be released from their pack obligations." I paused as I heard murmurs move through the crowd, people huddling together, 

"I am not the leader you all chose, I understand that, these past weeks I haven't been putting the pack first, I've been trying to right a wrong that effects us all but by doing that my actions have ripped apart the very fabrics of our family. For those who cannot accept me as leader I say this, I don't expect you too, I am not Alpha born, it is not my right, I however was chosen by one of the most powerful Alpha's who ever lived to carry on her legacy and protect wolf-kind, that is my duty, to protect all wolf-kind but the Sapphire Shadows needs an Alpha who is only focused on protecting the pack, that is why Holden Knight" I look over at Holden standing down on the ground, bloodied, cut and bruised, naked as the day he was born, with a fire in his eyes I hadn't seen before, 
"Will be taking over as Alpha from his father, Former Alpha, Conrad Knight" my eyes darted to Conrad who was kneeling submissively with the silver cuffs used on Cooper clenched tightly around his wrists. 
"Decisions made regarding the pack will come from him, however regarding this war and the punishment for Conrad Knight, this will be discussed and decided upon by Myself, Alpha Knight and Alpha Viceras; now more than ever we need unity between the packs to defeat the Hunters and the Demon Wolf that plagues us. I will not tolerate the descension that has been evident for the past couple of weeks, those loyal to Conrad Knight can either pledge allegiance to the new Alpha or you are free to leave." My eyes glance over the sea of bodies and land on Jeremy, he looked at war with himself, standing in disbelief, is only now realizing that he was blindly following a coward and murderer? or was he feeling guilty for how he treated me? regardless if he chose to stay I would put it all behind us. 

Holden moved from the spot he was standing and made is way onto the podium, he his presence was commanding, his eyes intense as they never left mine for a moment. He finally reached me, his eyes soaking in every inch of the newly transformed me before he turned to the crowd, 

"All of you were willing to follow me once I became Alpha, I hope that is still true even now, you are all my pack, my family, I didn't turn my back on you, I turned my back on a tyrannical dictator who would risk the safety and wellbeing of his own in order to cover up his heinous crime. I let go of my own flesh and blood in order to do the right thing and I urge you all to make the right choice now, I want to build a pack that his bigger and stronger than ever before, forgetting everything that happened in the past, here tonight will be the origin story of the new Sapphire Shadow pack, the pack that helped end the war with the hunters and that helped the Infinite White defeat the Demon Wolf who will bring nothing but terror and destruction to our kind. I vow from tonight and every day from here on out I will continuously strive to be the Alpha you all deserve, and make this pack a family again, because if we stand united nothing and no one can touch us, if we stand as one, we already succeeded." Our friends, family and allies all stood in marvel at Holden, even Alpha Viceras nodding along in approval. Holden is the Alpha this pack needed, he is the Alpha it deserves and I just hope and pray, he will have a long reign.