Chapter Twelve - Spilled Beans

Start from the beginning

Mom and I went to the market for the day. We'll see you tonight Ally Cat.

-Love Daddy

"Perfect timing." I grumbled.

After reading the note I went to the kitchen and fixed myself breakfast and called Brie.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Brie SOS, bring the girls this one's a big one." I said chomping down on Lucky Charms.

"Be there in five." She said before the line went dead.

Sure enough five minutes later my front door swung open. All three girls came and looked like they were picked out of the garbage.

Their hairs were all piled on their heads in an attempt to tame the tangles. They all had sunglasses on to hide the nature of their droopy bloodshot eyes from the hangovers I was sure they had. Even their clothes were matching as they sported their boyfriends' baggy sweats and sweatshirts.

I laughed at them as they padded to the kitchen their heads down. Oh the walk of shame, thank god I didn't get wasted last night.

"What are you wearing?" Gaby asked raising her eyebrow.

I looked down and forgot I still had Mason's shirt on. I winced as the girls all ran to me and bombarded me with questions.

"This wasn't the SOS!" I shouted as they all cowered away and grumbled about their headaches.

"Jesus girl, we've got the hangies!" Collins cried out cradling her head.

"What did you call about, what's wrong sweetie." Brie said speaking softly and stealing my cup of orange juice.

"It's about Mason." I finally said breaking the silence, "He told me about the secret."

"Wait, I thought you said he was dead set on keeping it a you know a secret?" Collins said stretching in her seat.

"He kinda told me when he thought I was sleeping." I shrugged.

"Hold on. Back up and rewind this shiz cause I'm totally lost. You were sleeping when he told, and you're wearing his shirt...did you two bump uglies?" Gaby said shock seeping her tone.

"No!" I half shouted, "He was drunk, really hammered. Remember Collins?"

"Yeah, you stayed behind and helped him before the cops got there...but Nate and I left before anything else happened." She mumbled stealing the O.J from Brie who glared at her.

"Right. Then I drove his car here because I wasn't going to let him drink and drive. I have some morality." I snorted, "He slept here and he gave me his shirt to keep me warm. No big deal."

"Okay so you two didn't sleep together in that sense." Brie clarified to which I agreed.

"No." I said in a bored tone.

"Okay so what did Mason tell your limp body." Gaby joked dryly rummaging the cabinets before she found a bottle of Aspirin distributing one to Collins and Brie.

"He told me that the secret Aunt Chrissy and him are sharing is about me." I said weakly, a sickening feeling in my stomach threatening to break me.

"It's about you? Do you what the secret's about because it probably not as bad as you think it is." Brie said massaging her temples but giving me a brief reassuring smile.

"I don't know what it is. But Mason told me not to believe everything my family has to say and he told me when the truth comes out not to be harsh on my parents." I explained my mind racing with all these ideas. What could be so bad that'll make me lash out on mom and dad?