Chapter Seventeen- How To Kill A Heart

"So that's all?"

"Yep."

"You're an idiot."

"What?"

"You're both idiots." Brie corrected herself.

I sat upright nearly seething. How could Brie say that? I just told her everything word for word and she thinks i'm an idiot.

"Don't get mad." Brie said calmly. "I'm just saying that you two were doing so good, and then you both snapped. I love you Ally Cat but you have a temper and get mad easily."

"I do not!" I retorted. Brie raised an eyebrow satisfied as she was just proven right, "So what of it."  I sighed.

"Just sleep it off, and talk to him today when we all see each other." She suggested, "Now come on and go to sleep."

I did as she said and fell  asleep quickly. Maybe I reacted wrongly to what he was saying. Of course I cared about the aquarium, but maybe I should have just dropped it.

Like Mason said, it wasn't to go help. Knowing who wrecked it or not...it wasn't going to bring it back.

***

"Oh my god I'm so ugly!" Nate cried out tugging his hoodie over his head.

Apparently the Florida humidity wasn't agreeing with his hair and he had a puff ball to work with. I rolled my eyes, jeez and I thought the girls were bad. This morning they had to spend even longer on their hair because the humidity was impossible to work with.

"Yes and we'll completely ignore the fact you have over two hundred photo's in a photo album titled 'I'm sexy and I know it'." Collins quipped.

"Hey all those photos are carefully chosen through a very complex process!" He retorted.

"Choosing between pouty Nate and nerdy Nate is not complex. In fact I'm a little worried about you babe."

They continued to go back and forth as everyone watched on. We were walking through the park and were meeting up with Laine and Mason later.

Laine had promised to drag Mason against his will. I was nervous. What if he was still mad?

Could I deal with an angry Mason...and not blow up in his face? Maybe not. Mason made it hard to be civil. Before him, I wasn't an angry person, I was a peace maker.

That was before Mason though. Now I get angry easily, and I fear one day I'm going to strangle him. And strangest thing of all? I liked him, I sincerely like Mason and I'm not ready to get rid of him yet.

"Look!" Brie hissed nudging me in the ribs, "Looks like the bad boy couldn't stay away." She wriggled her eyebrows suggestively.

I snapped my gaze to where Mason and Laine were. They were walking towards us. Laine looked at Brie with a look I could easily read.

Love. I had seen it with my parents.

"Hey sweetie." He said wrapping Brie up in his arms.

"I see you brought your cousin." She whispered. Only Laine and I heard her.

Mason looked less than thrilled to be here. The disappointment didn't show on my face, but it was there. I wish I could tell him i'm sorry, and that I was acting childish.

I knew I was in the wrong this time. He was right and I was...wrong. That word felt like fire on my tongue, and I hadn't even really said it, but rather thought it.