SIX.

"WHAT'S YOUR NAME, kid?"

The tall boy who asks him this — Seokjin — is Jeongguk's biggest catch. He can time travel.

"Jeon Jeongguk," he answers, a false waver to his voice, a facade of a shy, scared boy.

Jeongguk didn't come unprepared. The Other Side had provided him with all the information he needed.

Kim Seokjin, time travelling abilities to rewind time.

Jung Hoseok, time travelling abilities to travel across timelines.

Kim Namjoon, healing abilities.

Park Jimin, mind controlling abilities.

Kim Taehyung, an empath.

And Min Yoongi, assassin abilities; deadly stealth and precision.

At the time Jeongguk met BANGTAN, the six boys who formed the only Resistance known to whatever was left of mankind, only four of the boys knew of their abilities.

Seokjin, Yoongi, Namjoon, and Jimin.

And because they didn't know that using their abilities would make them larger targets, they used their abilities openly, save for Seokjin, who was secretive about his powers.

That was how The Other Side — Jeongguk's side found the boys. That was why they sent Jeongguk in. Even without abilities, he was deadly, a spy to rot the Resistance from the inside.

But then he became attached.

The boys took him in with no hesitation, and Jeongguk felt love and comfort like he never felt before. So Jeongguk betrayed The Other Side and joined BANGTAN.

And now, he pays for it, bleeding out in a grass field with no one to save him.

He dreams of the days when things were better — laughing and running in fields filled with daises, the world falling apart around them but finding comfort in each other.

He dreams, and he doesn't wake up for a long time.