FOUR.

"YOU'RE NOT GONNA thank me? I just saved all your asses."

The children look at him, afraid. Yoongi sighs and nods.

"Right. I forgot that this is a warzone," he says.

Yoongi just finished infiltrating an enemy base where they were holding tons of kids hostage. He killed all the people in charge after he'd dropped down from the vents.

It seemed like an abandoned church — rather funny, because all the other churches were destroyed during the war. As to why The Other Side would keep one?

To spite them, of course.

The children hold candles in their hands. And Yoongi knows what candles symbolize: hope.

Something Yoongi doesn't have anymore.

Sudden anger flaring up in him, he grabs a candle from the nearest kid and hurls it at a wall with a shout. It makes a loud clang and the candle goes out, crashing to the floor — Yoongi likes it better this way because hope isn't something he can afford to waste time on.

The children back away from him. Yoongi rolls his eyes and heads over to the doors, swinging them open and letting in light from outside.

"Come on," he calls, and when none of them move, he says, "What, do you need strollers? Am I your fucking babysitter? Get a move on, it won't be long before more of them show up."

;;

THEY ALL GAVE him weird looks when he returned. "Returned" from a search for Jeongguk — when in reality, now, Hoseok couldn't care less about him.

"Why are you dressed like that?" some of the people who escaped the war ask.

"Dressed like what?" Hoseok replies, and the conversation is over because he's already gone, jogging through the fields in search of the eldest.

Hoseok is wearing clothes from the future, while everyone else is dressed in dirty and torn clothes from this era.

Hoseok knows that was a mistake on his part — in his defense, the future Seokjin from the alternate timeline he'd been to didn't give him any other wardrobe options.

Seokjin.

Hoseok is hellbent on finding him. He had created this mess, this timeline. He would pay for it.

Hoseok pauses, seeing movement through a window in a little hut. He also sees tons of birdcages hanging from the ceiling.

Hoseok quickens his pace, making a beeline for the door to the hut.

He'd found his prey.