PROLOGUE.

HE WAS AN odd boy, and Seokjin knew this when they'd first met.

He was young, tattoos on his right hand and arm, words that Seokjin couldn't read or recognize. Numbers and letters on his fingers that Seokjin had never learned.

"What do they say?" was the first thing Seokjin asked the kid. He wasn't ashamed of his inability to read. The war had taken that away from many people, in fact, and Seokjin was born just as the education system collapsed.

The kid glanced down at his arm before looking back up, giving an eerie smile to Seokjin.

"Don't worry about it."

Everything about the kid screamed not to trust him. The way he held himself as if he knew more than anyone else, the way he whispered of secrets that made Seokjin feel small and insignificant, the way he smiled when he saw blood on the ground.

But still, Seokjin took him in and gave him shelter.

Seokjin wondered how a young kid like this got caught up in such a huge war. But the kid had never said anything about his past or himself.

He introduced himself as Jeon Jeongguk.

Now, 7 years later, Jeongguk has gone missing.

;;

disclaimer

i dont own bts

this is just a short fic with short chapters
because the 'ON' mv inspired me

mild swearing

and short chapters but
updates whenever i
feel like it since it's just
a side project