epilogue

LIVING WITH

THE

GANGLEADER

Ten years later

"Mommy!"

"Daddy!"

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" Three voices chanted.

I rubbed my eyes as I looked over at the little red alarm clock numbers that readout five o'clock in the morning. I couldn't help but roll over and witness my three beautiful children jumping on Ryder who had his head under a pillow.

"It's Christmas! Wake up dad." The twins Alice and Aaron said excitedly in sync.

Alice and Aaron are identical twins; it was a complete surprise finding out I was pregnant with twins and let me tell you it wasn't easy when Ryder and I first bought them home but after a good few months of sleepless nights, arguing and a few tears we got through it.

The four year old's both share mine and Ryders tanned skin, their eyes are a beautiful hazel color that has a mix of green and tiny golden flicks, both the twins have gorgeous light brown hair but Alice's is a lot more honey while Aarons is a caramel color which I'm sure will turn out darker when he gets older.

"Dad can we go and see what Santa left for us?!" Rory asked excitedly as he started to try and shake Ryder awake.

Rory is our first child, he's an energetic little six-year-old. I remember when we had the baby gender reveal and found out the gender of our first child, I will never forget the mixture of joy, excitement, and shock in Ryder's eyes when he cut into the cake and found the distinct blue color in the middle of the cake.

For months he went on about how he wanted this little boy to take over the gang just like how all the past generations had and how he would teach him how to use weapons and how to be the best gang leader he could, I understood but I had to bring him back to reality and that he can't force this kid to do anything he doesn't want to do.

Rory is a spitting image of Ryder, his hair is dark brown almost black just like his fathers, he's also got tan skin and the most beautiful green eyes which are a lot lighter than Ryders but they are still one of my favorite things to look into.

"Where's my morning cuddle first?" Ryder asked as he quickly sat up and grabbed all three of the children and clutched them gently to his chest causing them to giggle and scream out with laughter.

"Come on kids let's go." I said quickly jumping out of bed and running out of the master bedroom and down the hallway towards the living room that was filled with Christmas decorations.

A few years after Ryder and I had left school we decided that we needed our own space and that the mansion was way too big for us as Tyler was living at Mazes apartment, it was silly only having two people in a huge expensive house like that so we decided to downgrade and buy a little white one-story cottage, which was located just outside Forestview and right around the corner from the secret waterfall cabin.

Every inch of the living room was decorated with Christmas ornaments, from fat little Santa's to Reindeer and Elves. Our Christmas tree was huge, it had managed to reach the high ceiling, it was covered in the most random of ornaments, consisting of colorful birds, cars and other random things that the kids had insisted of putting up, normal balls, pretty twinkly lights that could change to any color of the rainbow and lastly the star on top.

The kids had managed to get into the living room way before I did, but before I could even think about the Christmas presents, I had to make a beeline for the kitchen for a cup of coffee, I can't function at this ungodly hour if I don't at least get a few sips into me.