thirty - one

Within ten minutes of swerving in and out of traffic and at least one speeding ticket later Ryder was finally pulling into his driveway and parking his black motorbike in the garage next to his clean expensive black range rover.

He switched off the engine as I got off of the death trap, unclipping my helmet and passing it to him as he had already gotten off the bike.

"Come on let's go and get you cleaned up." I said as I looked down at his blood covered hand and I also noticed the purple bruise starting to form on his cheek.

"Flo I'm fine." He said as he followed behind me into the kitchen.

"You're not, so don't even try and tell me you're not." I said sternly as I opened the freezer and grabbed out a bag of mixed vegetables.

"Yuck, no thanks." Ryder said with a disgusted face.

"Ryder, your n-" I started to say but he cut me off.

"Flo, you don't understand, I absolutely hate peas." he shuddered in disgust as he looked at the bag that was in my hand.

"You're not eating them." I said rolling my eyes at how much of a child he was being.

"you've got that fucking right." he said still looking at the bag.

They're for your jaw, it will slow the swelling and calm the bruise down." I said ignoring his foul language and then making my way up the stairs.

"Do you have a first aid kit?" I asked him as he walked past me and into his bedroom and then his ensuit.

"Yeah here." He said rolling his eyes and getting the red fabric bag out from under his sink cabinet.

"Thanks, um okay first wash your hands in warm water." I instructed him.

He rolled his eyes again but he did what I said and turned on the sink, warm water gushed out, he stuck his left hand which wasn't majorly bloody.

The once clear water turned a slight red colour as the blood slide off of his hand, but it was a different story with his right hand, as he stuck it in the water, he let out a slight grunt as the water most likely stung his hand, the water was deep red as all of the blood seemed to wash off of his hand.

He turned off the tap and then lightly dried both of his hands, turning a white hand towel a soft red colour. I unzipped the small red fabric first aid kit, I grabbed out antiseptic spray and a white bandage to wrap Ryder's hand in.

"Um let's do this on your bed it might be a bit more comfortable." I said as there wasn't really anywhere for Ryder to sit comfortably.

He nodded his head and walked out of his bathroom, he sat down sideways, having one leg dangling off of the bed and then resting the other on the bed, I followed the same action but facing him.

I carefully took his left hand in mine I examined it, there wasn't really anything I could do with it but I decided to put some of the spray on it and just a simple band-aid.

"This is going to sting a little." I said softly looking up at him.

"I'm sure I'll handle it." He said with a laugh.

I rolled my eyes at him and then sprayed his hand with the antiseptic spray, I peeked up at him, he didn't look like he was in pain but I feel like deep down he was slightly dying inside.

I reached over for the first aid kit to grab out a band-aid when my eyes landed on the box, I had plucked it from.

It was covered in the Disney princesses. Meaning all of the band-aids had a different Disney princess on them.