twelve

Ryder and I have been laying in his bed for what has felt like years but I'm sure was just an hour or two, when the doorbell rang.

"Ugh, why is someone here." Ryder whined from right beside me.

"Don't be rude go see who it is." I said sitting up pushing him away from me.

"No, I don't wanna associate with anyone today." Ryder cried from beside me.

I was about to yell at him to go down and not be rude when there was a knock on his door.

"Ugh, who is it." He called out.

"Get up I wanna take Flo shop-" Maze instantly paused, like a deer in headlights.

"Well that was fast, I'll leave you too to it." she winked suggestively about to walk out when Ryder stopped her.

"We weren't doing anything idiot, What was so important that you felt the need to come and disturb my Saturday." He said narrowing his eyes at her.

"Well I wanted to get to know Flo and thought that we could go out and go shopping." She said excitedly.

"No way am I letting yo-" Ryder stated to protest when I cut him off.

"I would love too." I smiled getting up from Ryder's bed.

"Great I'll be waiting in the kitchen." Maze smiled walking out of the room.

"What the hell are you doing, I told you I didn't want to associate with anyone today." Ryder cried from his bed.

"You're not coming it's just maze and I." I said rolling my eyes at how dramatic he was being.

I walked into my room and looked through my clothes. I had hardly any to choose from so it was probably a great idea that Maze and I were gonna go shopping.

One problem. I don't have money.

I quickly chucked on a black pair of leggings and a nice jumper. I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. as maze had said she was in the kitchen with a pop tart in her hand, Ryder was also in the kitchen sitting on one of the stools.

"Ryder I need to ask a favour." I said quietly.

"How much do you need?" He asked instantly reading my mind and getting out his wallet.

"Can I borrow one hundred?" I asked scared that that would be way too much to ask for.

I know what you're probably thinking. 'She's only using him for his money." That's not true I'm going to pay him every cent back and that's a promise.

"No, here take my card, buy whatever you want." He said, happily passing me his card.

"Ryder I can't do that." I said shocked that he was gonna give me his card to buy whatever I wanted.

"Yes, you can just take it." He said, extending his arm out to pass me his card.

"Okay come on let's go." Maze said growing impatient, grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the front door.

I quickly grabbed Ryders card and mouthed a 'thank you' as Maze led me out the front door and towards her black sports car. It looked really expensive due to the glossy black paint but simple due to the black and red leather seats.

"So I was thinking we could start at the mall and then once we are finished we could go to my favourite cafe in Sunset Cove." Maze smiled once we were at least ten minutes into the drive.

"Sounds great." I said tapping my foot to the beat of the song that was playing on the radio.

The drive consisted of both Maze and I singing along to the occasional top hit song on the radio and a comfortable silence. What I liked about maze was that she wasn't one of those girls that ask heaps of questions or doesn't stop talking.