𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 11 - A Sudden Pang

Start from the beginning

"So the two of you are okay now," Jisoo unnie said, looking at me intently.

"Yup, unnie. I know it's my fault, but I'm glad she understands me." I told her.

"Good for the two of you. You know we don't like to see the two of you like that," she expressed concern.

"Me too," I said and about to tell her about the trip, but she continues to talk.

"Jendeukie, was that all you talked about with Lisa last night, nothing else?" She asked, her eyes serious, as if telling me to tell her more.

"Yes, that's all, unnie," I said, "Why?"

"Oh nothing,...nothing Jendeuk," She says as she sips her coffee once more.

I then heard her mumble something about "that coward monkey," but I ignored it and told her about the trip. She's overjoyed about it. She assured me that she would inform Rosé right away. Then we talked for a while before I decided to leave.

I kissed her on the cheeks and walked to her door when I remembered what my mother had told me this morning. I'm curious what Unnie thinks about it. Maybe she can help me forget about the unnecessary things that were going on in my head between me and Lisa.

"Jisoo unnie, what do you think of me and Lisa?" I asked as I approached her again.

She looked surprised when I asked her a question, as if she thought I had already left.

"What are you saying, Jendeukie?" She inquires.

"Well, unnie, it's about Mom. I can't believe she thinks there's something going on between me and Lisa. You know it's impossible." I sarcastically laughed.

But she is looking at me with such seriousness. "What's wrong if something is going on between you and Lisa? Why is it impossible?" She asked with a blank expression on her face. What's the matter with her? I rarely see her like this. She only uses this expression when she is at work or when she is extremely irritated.

"Unnie, she's my best friend." I told her.

"And so? What's wrong with that?"

"It's just that it can't be unnie. I already have Mino. Me and Lisa will never happen, and I don't like people making meaning out of our friendship" I explained to her.

"But Auntie isn't just a 'people' Jendeukie. She's your mother. And we all know that mother knows best." She said then smirked at me.

Wrong move, Jennie, and Jisoo unnie doesn't answer my question.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore, unnie," I told her.

"Perhaps you're confused, and that's why you're affected by what Auntie thinks of the two of you," She said and smirked at me.