Chapter 26

**The left side is what Jessa's wearing and the right side is what Jayden is wearing**

Jessa's POV

I graduate today! Thank God. I will finally be free of homework and school. 12 years is a long time to be in school, but I'm glad I'm done. The ceremony is at noon I believe, and right now it's 7. I have to wait for Jayden to come here, with our dresses and stuff. The only reason she had them is because she has a bigger closet than me. We have to be there by like 10 or 11.

There's a knock at the front door. I run down the stairs and open the door.

"Helloo!"

"Hey Jay." She smiles as I let her inside. She puts the dresses on the couch.

"Okay. Let's go and get ready!" I smile and nod. We go upstairs and begin the long process of getting ready.

This should be 'fun'.

.

.

After like 2 damn hours of getting ready, we finally finish. My hair was in curls, and so was Jayden's. We had put our dresses on already, but we have shorter dresses to change into later. We both put our graduation gowns over top of our dresses.

I'm pretty sure Josh and Matt are our escorts, but with all the band stuff going on right now (they're trying to get a record deal) I'm not too sure if they can even make it. If they can that's great, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

We're just getting ready to leave, even though we have another hour. We might as well waste it driving around Van City.

We walk outside and get into Jayden's car, and back out of my driveway. We stop by Josh's house just to see if they were home or not.

They weren't. Mrs. Ramsay said that they all left for Josh's dad's studio about 10 minutes ago. I guess Jayden and I are each other's escorts. Fun fun.

"Hey Jess, what's wrong?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing. I was just, thinking." Well I was.

"It's just that, you had this weird expression on your face..."

"Oh, yeah." I laugh nervously. "I do that sometimes." She nods her head. Probably unconvinced.

Once it's about 9:45 ish, we start to drive to the school. Where we go from there, I do not know.

We walk into the school, and instantly eyes are on us. I see people whispering to each other, I roll my eyes and strut past them all. Jayden follows close behind.

**I don't know how graduation ceremonies work, so I'm just going to wing it**

We walk into the gym and take our seats. Jayden was sitting right beside me.

Now all we do, is wait.

.

.

"Jessa Caplan!" The lady announces. Clapping erupts from the crowd of people. I walk up to the stage and shake everyone's hands. I smile and wave to the crowd.