Will

Girls don't usually talk to me. Besides my mother.

I was the awkward geek in the front making cheesy jokes too low for anyone to hear. I had tried talking to Amy Sholtz at one point before school went out. I saw her in the hallway and waved at her  with a "Have a good break, Amy." She looked at me with confusion then resumed giggling with her fellow cheerleaders. She was one of the populars, so I expected to get nothing. But Mary was different.

"Will!"

I dropped my phone after I told her I wanted to talk to her today, which I did, and threw my door open.

"Ya?" I shouted as I ran down the stairs. I could see Jeff's messy, tangled hair.

"Let's go ,Willy!" He screamed. He grinned as I glared at him because he knew I hated that name.

"What were you doing up there?" He gave me a quizzical look as I jumped the last step and sat next to him on the floor.

Should I tell them about Mary?

"Just...waiting around." I tried to hide my wince when I lied. Jeff looked right through me and flashed a frustrated look.

"Well alright, let's get cracking!" My mother shouted. I nodded and reached for the first silver package, handing it out to its recipient.

An hour later, I received: a instant developing camera, new, light brown satchel, and a gift card to the book store Carrie's.

My phone gave a faint noise.

I was thinking the same. You're way more exciting.

---------------------------
Sorry guys it feels like its a short chapter. A lot has been going on lately, but all good things! Happy holidays everyone! Thank you to my readers that have followed Will and Mary this far. You guys are fantastic