Mary

My dad , stepmother, stepsister, and younger brother all did the same thing every Christmas eve. Went out and stared at dazzling lights on the roofs and the dangling ones in the naked trees.

Before we left, they each gave us each a wrapped rectangle box. It was folded in sky blue, thick paper and snowmen with button noses. Jenna and Jeremy's faces marveled with joy at these mysterious boxes. Hoping to find a new gadget to satisfy them for month or two. But I already knew. It was the same thing we got every year before we went Christmas light gazing.

Their faces of bland and utter disappointment at their early Christmas gift , warm pajamas to wear in the car during the drive, made me chuckle and smile.

"Put them on and let's go!" Abigail cried after we all observed them with open arms. Jeremy walked to his room with a slow speed ,while Jenna rounded the corner like a race car to the bathroom.

We were all dressed and packed into the back of our truck as the windows rolled down, we were exposed to the cold air of winter. Goosebumps crawled along my body like a disease, i snuggled into my red blanket tighter then before hoping to protect my body from Jack Frost.

We started at a street dedicated to the Christmas junkies of the town, Gumdrop Road. These were the people who gave it their all and loved doing it. In the end, it came out beautiful.

Golden dim flashes winked at us as automatic reindeer ate the grass below them. Each house was more extravagant then the last. Cerulean blue icicles dropped from the doorframe alongside mistletoe and rainbow ornaments. Balloon Santa's waved at us from the front yards, or they were in sleds, leading the team.

One of the houses were handing out cups of hot chocolate to the people who stopped. My dad pulled up and stopped, flashing a smile to the people in matching green sweaters.

A woman with brown hair in a tight braid approached my dad and said "Merry Christmas," while handing out the steaming cups. I heard Abigail mutter something and turn to look at her. But I stopped and found him there.

He stared at me through these deep brown eyes that looked like they came from the soil of the earth. His dirty-blonde locks protruded underneath his green beanie and a dash of freckles littered his face, especially across the nose. His mouth was open agape the slightest bit.

All I could do was stare at this handsome figure as my body heat crept up to my cheeks and flooded them with red.

"Hello."