Mary

"What if they're murders? How cool would that be?"

"They're not murderers, and I fail to see how cool that really is," I scolded.

But I really wasn't in the mood for new people. I just wanted a simple holiday with my family, they stressed me out enough.

"NINJA FLIPFLOP," a shoe smacked the back of my thigh as I tossed the salad.

"DAD." His victorious laugh rang through the halls as I glared at him.

"I've got to get it our before the company makes their appearance." Mamie came around and smacked the back of his head. "That's right, Leonard. You need to, how do the kids say it nowadays? Take a chill pill."

Jack and I glanced at eachother and burst out laughing. She knows what's hip. Mamie worked at a local boutique that sold frilly bags and jewelry, but she was also the oldest since her other workmates were women in their early twenties.

Jack started yelling to her through the bathroom door. "When are they suppose to get here anyways?"

Ding ding.

"SPEAK OF THE DEVILS!"

Mamie ran over and ran her bony hands on top of her outfit to smooth out any intruding wrinkles.

"Mamie your apron."

She glanced down at her flour covered apron and gasped. I held out my hands and accepted it from her as she takes it away from her body. Looking as cheery and lovely as ever, she opened the door to our new guests. Hopefully they weren't weird.

"Hi, Annie! It's so good to see you! You look ravishing, and this must be your family! I see where your children get their looks from, you and your handsome husband!" She gushed. There was no shortage of kindness with her.

"Aw, Julie. You're too kind; this is my husband, Kevin and our two sons: Jeff and Will."

Will? It's not the same Will, just a coincidence. But then he walked in, and I saw those startling eyes and dirty blonde hair as they walked in.

"These are my sons: Ray and Cory. And these are my grandchildren: Jack, Jeremy, Jenna, and Mary."

At the sound of my name, Will's head snapped up instead of staring at the ground, and our eyes met.

Their father stepped forward with an open hand and said", it's nice to meet all of you."

We hadn't stopped staring at eachother, but when his dad said that we both smiled at eachother.

Wow, what a smile he has.