Mary

What did you just do? You gave your number to a boy named Will, someone you literally met two minutes ago. But I wasn't lying when I told him , with every bit of my heart,"...I can't wait..."

He was awkward and cute. Which I didn't mind because I was hoping he saw me the same way. The way his brown eyes glowed under his brows made me smile as we continued driving down the street.

I left the window partially rolled down to feel the coolness hit my forehead. My cheeks still felt like burning coals from when I talked to Will. I hope I didn't say something that seemed too strong. I guess I would have to wait till tomorrow.

We all stared out the clear, cool glass watching greens and reds flash over our faces. Lawns were trimmed and illuminating in the dark night, penguins popped out of convenient places, and Santa's were either riding the classical sleigh, or the rebellious motorcycle. I wonder if these people are in their homes, becoming proud in their minds at the efforts they put into the decorations. But what about the dark houses? What caused their gloomy  spirits on this day? In my mind I silently wished them a Merry Christmas. The peacefulness of the evening atmosphere led to my eyes closing slowly, and eventually, sleep overcame me.

The car lights came on because people were opening and leaving the vehicle. I hopped out as the blast of air, like standing in front of a full power freezer, passed through my thin pajamas and pressed itself against my skin. I hugged my arms and rubbed them quickly, wanting to produce a heat.

Everyone headed towards the door, which greeted us with a snowman holding a wooden sign saying "Welcome!" All five of us piled into the warm house and immediately went separate ways.

Abigail and Dad headed towards the kitchen continuing their conversation.

"I don't know what time we should drop off the kids tomorrow at their moms. We can figure it out after we visit the grandparents."

"Alright," I could almost see the expression on my dads face of complete and utter tiredness. It was only 9:30, but I suppose he wanted to go to sleep before us monkeys awoke him in the early hours of the next day.

We were all already in our pajamas, all that was left was to get into bed and sleep. Sally arrived in minutes later to tuck in Jenna and simply hug me goodnight. They exchanged kisses as I wrapped myself in my quilt and watched.

"Goodnight you guys, see you in the morning," she tossed into the now dark and quiet room.

"Goodnight Mom!" Jenna cried.

"Goodnight, Abigail." People always referred to her as my mother, on accident of course. It still bothered me, so I corrected them every time.

I watched the ceiling as my eyes adjusted and thoughts surrounded my mind. They quickly went to him.

The way his eyes reflected the shining lights of his house, imprinted itself on my brain. I smiled at the thought of him blushing around me, proving his adorable, dorky self. His smile was brighter than all the lights I saw twinkling tonight. The electricity that shocked us could've been just the mittens, but it felt deeper.

With that thought, I fell asleep with my blanket tucked around me and the image of the atmosphere that surrounded us, and slept.

---------------------------------
Hey guys, its Jessica. I just wanted to say if you're still reading this, thank you so much. You guys are amazing. I do apologize if the chapters don't seem very descriptive, or very long. But it still means a lot that you're still reading. Comments and criticism are good, so don't be shy. I appreciate it, thank you! Enjoy!