048: message to the dead

forty eight

forty eight . . . message to the dead
( march 26, 2150 — arkadia )

          AFTER HER TALK with Jasper, Cullen walked to Bellamy's residence, where he had been packing up his necessities in a backpack

AFTER HER TALK with Jasper, Cullen walked to Bellamy's residence, where he had been packing up his necessities in a backpack. He held nothing of significance, only packing as many clothes as he could carry in the single backpack he was given — Cullen, while holding no valuable treasures, packed away the two pictures she was able to salvage from Mount Weather before they left. One was of her and Maya, and the other was of her and her parents; she had managed to keep them intact, as well as her Father's favorite jumper, and her parents' wedding bands that hung from a necklace around her neck. Other than those items, Cullen was in the same boat as Bellamy, packing only the essentials.

Once they were finished packing, Bellamy looked around his residence once more, before they exited without looking back. It wasn't formally his room, as he and Octavia lived in Factory Station when in space, but it held meaning as the place their relationship blossomed — Bellamy wasn't a sentimental person, but Cullen had to assure him that they'd make the most of the space they were given in the Second Dawn Bunker.

Their fingers were intertwined, Cullen listening wholeheartedly to the story Bellamy was telling her about his training to be a Guard on the Ark, as they walked through the hallways of Alpha Station one last time. They were packed earlier than most people, as Jaha requested their help in ensuring everyone was packed and ready to go by the time the sun rose. They were almost at the hangar bay, Bellamy's story coming to an end when Jaha cut in front of them, and stopped the couple on their travels.

"They're not leaving." Said Jaha, eyes moving between the two of them.

"Who's not leaving?" Bellamy asked, his shoulders straightening and a gleeful expression slipping from his features. Cullen blinked across to Jaha, eyebrows furrowed in perplexity before her features hardened, and a large exhale of breath sounded from her nostrils.

"Jasper." Stated Cullen. "Jasper's not leaving." At her accusation, Jaha nodded, confirming her fearful thoughts to be true; Bellamy, however, was still in comprehension, looking down to Cullen for an explanation. "Last night, he came to talk to me. He said he wasn't leaving, and that he wanted to die here. I didn't think he was being serious."