013: the fear we share

thirteen

thirteen . . . the fear we share
( november 1, 2149 ; mount weather )

 the fear we share( november 1, 2149 ; mount weather )

          BELLAMY WAS CALLING her name. His hands were on her shoulders, shaking her back into consciousness, beckoning for her to come back and realize their mission wasn't over. That what Cage said was only a threat. That they were smarter, and wouldn't be leaving this mountain with another soul on their side spared. That her Father, Maya, and Vincent weren't going to die because of this — that she wasn't going to die because of this.

"Cullen." He beckoned a further time, his hands wandering from their firm grip on her shoulders, to the framing of her jaw. His long, rugged fingers curled around the nape of her neck, his palms lined with cuts and scars flat against her cheeks, his thumbs moving against the delicate skin of her face. This shortly caught her attention, as he drew his face closer to hers — close enough to see every weakness. Close enough to share his fear. "Cullen — hey, hey. You with me?"

She blinked, and blinked some more, and continued to blink until she was sure the answer to his question was genuine. "I'm with you."

It was all he needed. Just that ounce of reassurance that no matter the consequences, Cullen would still be by his side, ensuring him and his friends escaped Mount Weather. It was all he needed to withdraw himself, painfully, and reluctantly, from inches away from her body. He put a solid six feet between them, eyes an indescribable emotion as he stared longing across to the Vander female, looking desperately as though he wanted to say anything but the words that came from his mouth next.

"We need to go. We need to save our friends." Said Bellamy.

She didn't miss the use of 'our', and the feeling of being included once again had her moving. Cullen was scurrying on her hands and knees, more aware of the fact the Guards were going door to door of the Mount Weather residents than ever before. She couldn't remember where Maya was. Or Jasper, or Monty, or Miller. She was positive Harper was with the Ryan's, but she couldn't be too sure she hadn't been moved. The only assurance she had on the whereabouts of some delinquents were Peter, Del, and Jessica, all locked away safely in her residence.