Chapter 13

Zayn's POV

Now Niall knows my past. I was still scared that once he sees how I live, not just the walking to the hospital, but the way I can't stop worrying about things being the same, that he'll leave. I was getting ready for our date and I looked like shit.

I have spent most of my time trying not to cut when the memories come back so I try to sleep instead. When I can't sleep, I work out. I'm trying so hard not to cut anymore because Niall said it hurts him to see me hurt myself.

I was combing through my hair making it into a sort of quiff. Then, I put a t-shirt on and jeans. I looked okay, but never as good as Niall. Today he was getting the staples out of his head, so that was good news. His hair started to grow back too. It looked funny because the hair growing back was brown and the rest of his head was blonde. Either way it looked adorable. Today, the doctors were also going to check if he was cancer free. I have been praying that he is, because everyday I spend with him, the more I fall for him.

I got in my car and left to his house. We were just going to go out for dinner and a walk in the park. I figured that should be fine. Maybe after we can come back to my place and watch a movie. Really, it's just whatever he wants to do. I drove up to his house and got out to knock on the door. Once I did, his mum answered but her eyes were puffy and red. She looked sad.

"Zayn, hi love. He'll be down very soon." She told me, then pulled me into a hug. His parents liked me a bit so this wasn't abnormal.

"Are you alright?" I asked her once she let me go.

"I'm going to let Niall tell you. And Zayn, thank you for being understanding with his situation. Your a really special person. I can tell my son really likes you." She told me wiping tears that fell as she spoke. I hugged her and told her things were going to be alright even though I have no idea why she's so sad. Then Niall came down the stairs. I let go of his mum and I turned to my boyfriend.

He was wearing a gray beanie, a light blue t-shirt, and some light colored jeans. He looked perfect. His blue eyes looked so bright with that shirt. I walked over to him and kissed his lips.

"You look so good." I told him, he looked down and blushed.

"You do too."  I shook my head and kissed him again. At that moment it was only us in our little world. I heard someone clear their throat and I pulled away from him. I turned and met Niall's mum with a stern look on her face but she was smiling so I didn't make too much of it.

"As cute as it is, I really don't want to see you sucking my son's face off, Zayn." I laughed and Niall just blushed.

"Sorry, it will happen again. Now we have to go. I'll have him back whenever I feel like! Bye!" I said kissing her cheek and running out of the house pulling a laughing Niall by the hand. I could hear his mum laughing from the house as she closed the front door. I opened his door for him and he got in.

"My mum is going to kill you." Niall told me very amused and still laughing. I just shrugged.

"It made her laugh, didn't it?" He nodded and got one of my hands that wasn't driving and linked his fingers with mine. I smiled and drove to the restaurant.

"I remember you told me you wanted to go out and eat chicken, so we're going to Nando's is that alright?" I asked hoping he would like it.

"I love Nando's!" He yelled. Wow, he was loud. I just laughed and pulled his hand up, placing a kiss on it. The rest of the drive was quiet. He seemed deep in thought because his eyebrows stayed scrunched together.

We got to the restaurant and I ran over to open his door from him.

"Such a gentleman." He said kissing me. I laughed at him, getting his hand and walking to the door. We got in and they seated us in a booth. Of course we sat on the same side, because being across from each other is too far.