Chapter 8

Niall's POV

We just arrived at the hospital for my surgery. I caught Zayn's eye while walking with my parents, up to the hospital doors.

"Mum, Dad, can I have a minute out here?" They knew I was scared to death because my brain was going to be broken into, but that's not why I wanted to be out here. I wanted to talk to Zayn, it might be my last time I see him.

"Sure, just come in soon." My dad told me and kissed my cheek. They both went in and I started walking to Zayn.

"Hey." I said quietly to him. He looked at me, but his expression was unreadable.

"Hey, how are you?" He asked genuinely. I shrugged.

"Been better. Got dumped by my boyfriend and now I have to go to surgery. I guess things aren't in my favor lately."

"Surgery? On what?" He seemed nervous, but caring.

"My brain. It's fine though. So if I make it out of there, would you like to go out for tea or coffee or chicken?" I asked trying to lighten the mood. He laughed a little, and may I add his smile was perfect.

"You will make it out." He said reaching his hand up, caressing my cheek. I leaned into the soft touch and felt so comfortable with him doing this. When he pulled his hand away I felt alone again.

"Can I get your number so we can make plans when you done in there?" He asked pulling out his phone handing it to me. I put it in and sent myself a cheeky text. He'll like that when he sees it.

"I have to go now. But I'll text when I can, like after they cut my skull open." I said with a light laugh. He didn't laugh though he looked worried. 

"Hey, I'm alright. I'll text yo-" I was cut off my his lips being pressed on mine.

I felt sparks going through my body. I have never felt this way in my life. I moved my hands to his hips and pulled him closer. He moved his lips with mine slowly and I felt so much emotion behind this kiss. I don't even know how this happened. I mean, we're strangers yet it feels so right. We fit together like missing puzzle pieces.

"I had to do that. I'm so sorry." He said pulling away. I leaned in and pecked his cheek. He looked down and blushed.

"I liked it. I'll see you soon." I told him. He nodded and leaned in, kissing me again. This time still held the same amount of emotion but one I could detect, worry. We pulled away and I smiled at him, taking in his light brown eyes, tan skin, high cheekbones, his beard, perfect hair, and overall just his beauty.

"Bye." I told him. His eyes widened and he grabbed my hands.

"Don't say bye!" He reminded me of a little kid. He looked so young and vulnerable. I knew he was scared for me but I really think that I'm going to be fine. Plus, he doesn't even know why I'm getting brain surgery.

"Okay, how about see you later. Never say goodbye, just see you later." He nodded and kissed my cheek.

"See you later, then." I say with a smile. Even if I felt so sick, somehow just seeing him made me feel better. I guess that's how I've made it through all those weeks of treatment. Seeing him before I went in made me feel, I don't know, strong?

"See you later." He said with a sad edge to his voice. I turned and walked away. I knew it was weird to feel such a strong connection to someone I really don't even know, but I feel it with Zayn. He just gives off this feeling of understanding and compassion. But, when I look at him I feel like there's more to him than his perfect looks. I want to know why he walks to the hospital every day at the same time. I want to know how he can look so hot all the time and I also want to know why he seems so sad.

I was being wheeled off to the operating room after saying goodbye to my parents. I thought of how cute Zayn was by getting scared of saying those words.

The doctors gave me anastasia and told me to start counting backwards from twenty. My thoughts started to feel jumbled up and something new came up in the pit of my stomach.

"Twenty..."

I thought of how Liam told me I was too hard to handle. It hurt my heart to think of it. I just felt so betrayed by him. He said he wanted to try, but then he leaves. It hurts even more because I started falling for him. Even if there was always the thought of someone else in the back of my mind.

"Nineteen..."

Zayn looked so good today, hell he looked good everyday. And his smile, that was beyond beautiful. I felt jitters thinking of the sight.

"Eighteen..."

That feeling in my stomach felt like something was going wrong or going to go wrong. I thought hard about what it was but I couldn't focus.

"Seventeen..."

His soft lips against mine. I won't forget that. The way he looked so shocked at his own actions. I inwardly laughed at his face. He seems to be very sweet, yet he looks like a complete bad ass.

"Sixteen..."

That feeling... it's a gut feeling something isn't going to go right. I want to tell the nurses and doctors around me to stop, but they're all too busy rushing around doing things to prep for the operation.

"Twelve..."

That's the number that comes next, right? Zayn was the only thought running through my head, also I was trying to pin point why I felt this feeling.

"Seven..."

I'm just saying numbers that sound like they go. What if I never see him again? What if he feels the same way Liam does?

"Three..."

What would I do? He kissed me, he touched my cheek, he was sweet to me. What if he agrees with Liam and never sees me again? My eyes felt heavy and I felt like I couldn't count anymore.

My last thought was of him. Then I could finally name that feeling I felt. I needed them to stop. This feeling was dread of what was to come, not during the surgery, but after. Not the pain, but the results. I closed my eyes giving up the fight. I wish I would have told them they were going to make a mistake, but the drugs took over my mind and body.

I tried thinking of the way Zayn looked to comfort me. So perfect. Little did I know that's the last time I would actually see him, for a while at least.

A/N: what do yall think is going to happen?!
Comment/Vote!
                            -Bri;)