120 Foster Son, Don't Be So Crazy (57)

Start from the beginning

Princess Bai Xue wore a crimson surcoat over a crimson velvet robe, which had a long train decorated with golden lace. A golden diadem was perched above her ebony black hair, and the lips that were tightly pressed together were pale. She lounged on a couch inside the sacristy, a plate of sliced apples next to her.

When the door opened, she couldn't help but look up with a trace of hopeful expectation. But in the next moment, it dissolved into a mask of indifference.

"Archbishop, what is it?" Her voice was ice-cold.

The Archbishop smiled and said gently, "Your Royal Highness, I will now begin the coronation ceremony. May her Highness get ready."

"I'm ready, aren't I already here?" Princess Bai Xue stretched her arms like she didn't have a single care in the world, "Leave me be and go attend your duty, don't bother me with these small matters."

The Archbishop paused, then nodded. He left.

Princess Bai Xue bit her lip and stared at the plate of apples beside her. In a fit of anger, she suddenly smashed the plate against the wall, shouting, "Useless!"

"The useless one, isn't that you?"

A low and magnetic voice asked from out of nowhere. It was the voice she had been thinking of earlier. Xiang Feng appeared from behind the wardrobe next to her. He walked forward until his tall and straight body stood in front of her.

Princess Bai Xue looked at him with dazed eyes.

His face was like jade, he had a pair of black eyes that didn't show its depths, and his eyebrows were slightly knitted together. He stared at her in obvious displeasure.

"You couldn't even make Jia feel jealous," he said, his tone filled with hidden grievances.

Xiang Feng didn't care about Song Jia's plans for the crown princess. What he cared for, however, was that Song Jia opposed the princess not because of him, but because she abused her power. This crown princess was truly useless. If Jia had gotten jealous, maybe she would become clingy and and punish him in bed.

Xiang Feng had heard from other men that when their wives get jealous, they would push their husband on the bed and do perverted things to them while saying, "Did that vixen do this too? Can she do it like I can? Where else did she touch you? Answer me!"

If Song Jia did this to him, Xiang Feng planned to become very obedient. He would even say with total earnestness, "Jia, she touched me here, here, and there."

Unfortunately, this crown princess was too useless, Jia didn't even take her for a love rival. Xiang Feng transformed all of his disappointment into a fierce glare.

Princess Bai Xue trembled under his glare and said pitifully, "Feng...Feng, you're here..."

She grabbed the hem of his shirt and showed him a beautiful smile.

Xiang Feng's expression changed. This smile...this smile, why is it so familiar? He recoiled from her touch, his fierce glare wavering.

Princess Bai Xue was also shocked. She only copied the smile of the woman from that painting, and his reaction was this big. Was that woman in the painting really the woman from his dream? Her heart sank.

Fortunately...she had made her preparations. If Xiang Feng knew that Jin Jia had drawn it, she was afraid of what the consequences would be. Thankfully she had gotten rid of it. Thankfully, he had not seen it. And as for that woman...

Princess Bai Xue's eyes turned cold.

She would soon erase her existence in this world.

Xiang Feng recovered from his momentary shock and clenched his fists. That smile only had a great impact on him because their faces were extremely similar. In fact, isn't that smile the same as Jia's?

Princess Bai Xue continued to smile, "Feng, why don't you..."

She trailed off, her eyes becoming wide with fear. Princess Bai Xue felt herself being hoisted in the air. She was lifted as though she weighed no more than a rag doll. Princess Bai Xue looked down to see Xiang Feng holding her by the throat.

She gasped for air and pawed at the hand around her throat. Tears filled her eyes as she choked out a single word, "Why?"

Because she could clearly see, his dark eyes were no longer calm and indifferent. Instead, they were filled with thick killing intent.

Xiang Feng's handsome face was covered in frost, his cold gaze sweeping over her. He opened his mouth and said, "Jia doesn't trust me because of you."

With an easy twist of his wrist, he snapped her neck. Princess Bai Xue fell down in a heap in front of him, and Xiang Feng lowered his hands.

It was the first time he killed another human being without his eyes turning red.

Moving methodically, Xiang Feng separated the head, then the arms, and finally the legs. He put them in different bags and buried them under the fresh grave of a stable horse that died yesterday. He then cleaned his hands and nervously took something out of his pocket.

It was a puzzle box.

Xiang Feng looked at it for a second, then gazed towards the direction of the castle keep. He looked down at his clothes and grimaced.

It was probably better to do this kind of thing while he was wearing his best clothes.