Game Of Stealth

Surge's POV

A million thoughts and emotions are going through my head all at once; was it really that easy, did I just get In the pack, just like that, I mean I did get attacked, and I nearly had my through crushed, but you would have thought it would've been harder, but it wasn't. I succeeded for once, but there was that one big worry-some thought still there, because of course there is always one negative thought. That thought was the fact that eventually I would have to tell them that I was not born, or hatched a Raptor, but was instead born as a Human. I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice Blue slip away, it was only when I heard a voice behind me, that I realised Blue was gone.

I turn around to the gate and see Owen, he gives me a worried look before talking "are you alright?" he asks. I nod my head, "what about your neck, I thought they would crush your neck with their weight, they were just standing on you at the end, must have heard Blue" Owen rambles. "Do they know that you were a human?" Owen questions. "No they don't, how the flip am I going to tell them?" I write on the ground, "heh, heh some of my language is starting to rub off on you" Owen chuckles.

"Yes I know stop infecting me" I tease, making Owen laugh. "Don't worry, I'll try not to from now on" Owen jokes, then frowns. "What is it?" I question. "I just realised that I won't be able to see you from now on, I will only be able to see you during training" Owen mumbles. "That's a relief" I tease, "oh, so you never were my friend" Owen says sadly.

"you do realise I was joking right?" I write. "oh, you were, I mean of course you were, I knew it all along" Owen lies. "yeah, yeah, keep lying" I write as a joke. "anyway I don't know hoe your going to tell them, but I do have one suggestion. Try and get on their good side for a couple days or weeks then tell them you were a human" Owen suggests.

"also they do think that you are the Alpha" I write. "that's good, if you tell them that you are friends with me then they might not kill you, or hurt you because then I might hate them, so you can use that to your advantage" Owen says. "good idea" I write. "I've got to go, but I will see you at training and, remember get on their good side and stay there for a couple of days, before you tell them" Owen reminds. "Ok, bye" Owen says, before turning around and walking away.

I turn around to start exploring the paddock. I run towards the middle of the enclosure to find the pond, but instead of finding the pond I find Blue drinking from the pond. "Hey" I say "Hey" she replies then stares at me as if waiting for something. "I uh, I meant to ask what do you guys do, to pass time?" I ask awkwardly. "Mostly just talk, either that or, play games" Blue answers.

"oh uh, which do you prefer?" I ask. "hm, I've never really though about it, but I think I prefer playing, in all honesty. I think talking is boring most of the time, as we all grew up here, together, so we don't really have much to talk about and, I doubt you are any different with the way you fought, I mean you fought well better than us, in fact. But, you didn't fight like you've been doing, it your whole life, you fought like it was the first time you've ever fought, so yeah" blue says. "why is she praising me, I barely know her" I think.

"Ok what game do you play?" I ask. "we play stealth defence" blue states. "how do we play stealth defence?" I ask. "so one raptor is separated from everyone else, and everyone else forms a group, the separated Raptor must, silently take people out of the group without being seen or heard. The goal for the group is to get to the other side of the field, if you get taken out of the group you must stay silent until the round is over" Blue says.

"If you have been taken out of the group, at the end of the round you will form a group with the rest of the Raptors taken out of the first group, if you make it to the end of the field without being taken out of the group, you get to join the original group again, for the next round. If you don't make it back it to the end of the field you are completely out of the game, this round is called redemption round. The rounds keep going, until there are two Raptors left and, no-one is coming back from redemption round. Once that happens, the two Raptors left will have a duel, this is a fighting match, to win the duel, you have to either pin the opponent down for five seconds, or get the opponent to give up, aka forfeit. The winner of the duel then has to challenge the group attacker, also known as the Stealthy Attacker, though this battle is different" Blue continues.