New Life

{human speech} {raptor speech} {thoughts}

Barry's POV

I watched as someone stood on the road with his arms in front of him and his hands open. He stood there staring at me with dark eyes that I could see my reflection in. "you Did this, you caused this Barry Jetber, you could have prevented this, you could have saved me" a voice said in my head, that I knew was coming from the person in front of me. "I know, I'm sorry I didn't pay attention but you can't just make me feel bad about forever, because it happened 14 years ago, please just let me live my life father" I beg with tears in my eyes.

At see my dad standing in front of me with gravel burns all over his body, and tire tracks over the midsection of his body. "why would I let you live in peace for letting me die?" Liam asks. "I didn't let you die, you chose to save me, I would've happily died to let you live, but you didn't give me the choice so please, let me live in peace, I beg you, please, I didn't choose this" I cry, with tears flowing from my eyes at a rapid pace now. "though you did not choose it, doesn't mean you couldn't have prevented it, you could have saved me, you could have saved your father" Liam says, without emotion

"I tried my hardest to save you, I tried my best to become what you wanted me to become, and I'm sorry that it wasn't good enough, but you've been haunting me for 14 years, you need to let me live my life" I cry. "you did try but you started trying too late" Liam says. "bu-" I get cut off by Liam chanting my name. "what?" I say confused while everything around me starts to fade to black.

Eventually, everything is black, and there is no sound apart from the sound of my name being chanted constantly. I then feel my right shoulder getting tapped, startled I jolt awake and hear a loud thump from in front of me. "ok so lesson learned don't wake you up, when you're in a deep sleep, because you jerk awake and scare the living daylights out of me" I hear someone mumble. "Sorry Owen, quick question what are you doing here? Aren't you meant to be at work?" I question.

"I would be at work if someone didn't ask for me to bring your meals over here, but hey I'm not complaining" Owen says. "now for my next question why are you here now, it's three it the flipping morning" I say. "yeah so" Owen says, "so I'm tired and I want to sle-" I get cut off by a sudden pain in my back. I wait a few seconds to see if I get any more pains.

"It must have been the side effects from the experiment," I say in my head. "are you alright Barry? you just stopped talking and bent over as if you were going to throw up" Owen says worriedly. "yeah, yeah I'm fine I think it's just some side effects from the experiment" I answer. I looked up at Owen then I get another pain but this time in my foot instead of my back I look down at my foot.

"hey O-Owen m-maybe Y-you should c-call triple z-zero" I stutter, "why?" he asked now confused. "because I think doctor Duffry has a different concept of talking to dinosaurs than I do," I say. "what makes you say that?" Owen asks then looks where I am looking "oh I see" Owen says while looking at my foot that now had a sickle sticking out of it. "well it could be w-" Owen gets cut off by me as I then groan in agony from a sudden pain that now spreading from my foot and back to my whole body.

I groan again and feel something in my back break, making me scream, I feel several more things snap making me scream again. I felt multiple things happen me to stand up but fell face-first into the floor and blacked out.

Owens POV

I watched as my best friend groaned just before a loud snap noise filled the air then a click as something reformed. Barry then started screaming in pain, I saw him try to stand and he fell face-first into the floor, and his head made a loud crack as his head hit the and he blacked out. I turned around to go outside to call triple zero but out of the corner of my eye, I saw something that did not belong. I turned back around to see the weirdest thing of my life, Barrys head started to get longer, his mouth started to spread with it, his eyes moved to the side of his head, his teeth started to get longer and sharper, scales erupted from his skin and finally his skin, well scales now changed to green with a brown stripe running from the eye to his tail, wait to hold on he has a tail now, I had been so focused on his head changing I hadn't noticed his whole body has now also changed.