Chapter Nineteen

Frisk giggled and leaves with Sans. "See what I meant earlier?"

"Yeah. He's definitely a strange dude." Sans chuckled. "Not much more I can say about him than that."

"Are you alright, though?" Sans asked. "I know that letting go of a job like that before you even start must be hard."

"I'm just a bit worried is all..." Frisk admitted. "I mean, we do have some money now, but money doesn't last forever."

"Oh well," Sans shrugged. "That money should last us a good while. Maybe by the time it runs out, this whole thing will be over."

A part of him doubted that it would ever actually end. Whatever 'it' was. Discrimination against monsters. Drama between friends. Whatever it was, it seemed never ending. Whenever one chapter of the adventure ended, another one began. He wondered if it was even possible for such a story to have a proper ending.

As Frisk and Sans continued walking back to her house, up ahead, there was a woman staring at her. She looked a bit shocked, as if she has seen a ghost.

Frisk stopped walking.

She recognized this woman.

This woman. Her own flesh and blood. She breathed to compose herself as Sans looked at her in confusion.

Frisk tried to smile at her as if nothing has happened.

SLAP!

It all happened so quickly. A red mark was on Frisk's cheek.

"HOW DARE YOU COME BACK HERE!" The woman shouted at Frisk.

"Hey!" Sans yelled. He got in front of Frisk protectively, his eyes going dark. "I don't know who you are or what you want, but you better get away from Frisk before I do something we'll both regret."

Seeing this woman hurt Frisk made Sans filled with a strong hatred for her. He didn't even know who she was, but he despised her with every inch of his being.

The woman backed off a bit. Biting her lip and tried to look intimidating still. She stayed glaring and didn't make any movement. Sans had his glowing eye ready and had some bones summoned in protection.

"Sans." Frisk tried her best for her voice not to stammer. "That's my mother."

"That's right." The shrewd woman scoffed. "Hand her over. She is my property. She had disobeyed me again."

Sans was shocked by the fact that this terrible woman was Frisk's mother. He tried to hide it though. "She's not your property. She's a human being with feelings."

There was no way he would just let this insane person take Frisk! He put his hand back subtly and held onto Frisk's hand.

"Frisk." The woman's lips curled sadistically. "I'm sorry. Forgive me. Come back with me, we can start over and be a family."

Frisk recalled her mom's manipulation tactics. Back then, she was scared. But her mom's nothing what she has faced in the Underground.

"No." Frisk said simply.

"Y-YOU USELESS PIECE OF TRASH!" Her 'mom' yelled. People and monsters looked around what was going on. Giving weird looks like this woman's a psycho. "AFTER EVERYTHING I HAVE DONE FOR YOU-"