Chapter Twenty-One

When they finally reached the fashion place, Asriel seemed a bit out of it. He was practically dragged most of the way there.

"Poor dearie!" Muffet said as she grabbed one of his paws. "We should get that taken care of before anything!"

Mettaton looked like he was going to say something, but then he noticed Chara running in their direction. "We're not going to hurt him! Don't worry!" He waved his hand dismissively. "Honestly, you worry too much!"

Noelle was also dragged along by Chara. She was about to go home until Chara had said: 'Come with me!'

(This is awkward!) Noelle thought nervously.

Chara looked at his surroundings. This place was, well, screams girly. "Uh, just please don't dress my brother up into a frilly thing." He shudders at the thought.

"Oh no no no!" Mettaton exclaimed. "He will look regal and respected!" He ran ahead and pushed the door open. "Right this way, your majesty! And other people!"

Once they were inside Muffet tried to pull the splinters out, but they were too small. Asriel winced. She looked over at Chara. "You know him better than I do! You should do it!" She crossed her first set of arms.

(She gets mad really easily...) Asriel thought. (Maybe she's just really defensive.)

"While you take care of that, I will go pick out his outfit!" Mettaton said excitedly, putting a hand on Chara's shoulder. Instead of walking away he twirled dramatically.

"I dunno." Chara looked towards Noelle. "I think your hands are more delicate than mine."

"Wh-what?" Noelle blushed.

"Didn't you say you're going to work at the Health Center the other day? Might as well get practice in." Chara winked.

"Ah, um... Okay." Noelle took Asriel's paw and she cautiously pulled out any splinters.

Asriel tried to hide the fact that it hurt. It hurt a lot less than when Muffet did it though. Her hands were so gentle and full of care. He found himself blushing a little bit.

"You will do really well at the health center!" Asriel stated. "Your hands are nice and soft!"

"Huh?" Noelle's face turned into a deep pink from the compliment. She didn't respond as she tried to concentrate on his paw.

Chara chuckled at Asriel. (My gosh, I don't think he realized he kind of flirted there.)

Chara flashed Asriel a teasing smile.

Asriel noticed the look on Chara's face and he blushed even more. He stuck his tongue out angrily and then looked at Noelle. Her face was pink and she looked slightly distracted as she pulled his splinters out.

Noelle was working on the last one. "This one I'm having a little trouble with so... I'm sorry if this hurts a little worse." She yanks it out as quickly as she could.

Asriel squeaked and pulled his paw back quickly, holding it close to him. "Thank you." He smiled despite the stinging in his paw.

"When you get home, you must disinfect it or you'll lose some HP." Noelle moved some hair out of her face as she couldn't meet his eyes.