Home (Ashton Irwin Angst/Fluff)

Start from the beginning

She knew he meant it; he would burst through the door just to check if she is alright.
So, she got off the couch and slipped into a hoodie, and hoped he wouldn't notice.
She held her breath as she walked to the door and sneaked out of the house, knowing damn well the consequence if she was caught red-handed
He was waiting for her outside the car, leaning his back against the door of the driver's side.
The first thing he did was hug her, nearly crushing her on his chest; she tried not to wince in pain, but his arms squeezed right on her bruised ribs, so she cried out in pain.
"What is it? Did I hurt you?" He asked her, eyes going big with worry.
"It's nothing." She failed to assure him as his eyes still searched her down for any sign of discomfort.
"You flinched and winced when I hugged you. It's not nothing." He demanded to know what was going on.
"I told you it's nothing." She wasn't looking at him, and that startled Ashton.

"Baby, please tell me. What is going on?" He asked, bringing his hand to stroke her cheek. She only jumped a little in the beginning, but soon relaxed, feeling his warm hand against her cheek.
"I... I fell and hit my ribs. That's all." Ashton could tell she was lying, he could tell by the way he avoided looking at him.
"I know you are lying..." He sounded hurt, and (Y/N) felt like she was stabbed in the heart. She wanted to tell him, she wanted to be honest and open up to him, but she was scared. She was scared she would be overwhelming; he didn't deserve to get tangled in all of that.

"(Y/N), is this what I think it is? Are they... Are they hurting you?" He asked her, tilting her chin to bring her gaze to him.
(Y/N) found herself upon the greatest dilemma she had to face; should she tell him the truth, risking their relationship, or maybe she should lie and stay in a situation she knew she didn't deserve to be in?
"It's fine. It's not that bad now." She mumbled under her breath.

There was silence, deafening silence. (Y/N) could only hope for the best, holding her breath as she waited for Ashton.
Ashton stared shocked; everything made sense now.
He hugged her, this time carefully as not to hurt her.
"You shouldn't have to go through that... No one should." He whispered, pecking the top of her head.
"I told you, it's fine." She insisted, but her sobs gave her away.
"I know you are lying, but it is ok. You don't have to tell me anything else if you are not ready." He assured her, his voice soothing her down.
"I don't want you tangled in all this." She whispered, holding onto him as tightly as she could.
"Well, I don't want you tangled in all this as well." He replied.
"Listen, I want you to come with me. Leave all this behind. You don't have to be there anymore." He explained, making (Y/N) look at him in confusion.
"I can't do that." She uttered but he shook his head.
"Yes, you can. Come live with me, let me help you get out of that. (Y/N), I don't want this for you, I don't want people hurting you, I don't want you to be in pain. (Y/N), I... Fuck, I love you. Please, let me help you." He nearly pleaded.
"I can't depend on you. I need to be able to stand at my own feet..."
"Yes, you can depend on me. You can and you should. At least until you can stand at your own feet. If you were in my shoes, you would have done the same. If it was me in that situation, I know you would do anything within your powers to help me. Let me do the same for you." He took her hands in his, letting her feel how warm they were.

With tears brimming in her eyes, she nodded her head and sighed.
"Ok." She could only mutter, but it was enough for Ashton to feel this sudden wave of relief.
"Get in the car." He instructed her, smiling softly.
--

Ashton just stared at (Y/N) as she changed from her clothes to his t-shirt and sweats. She looked tiny in his clothes, everything looking baggy on her. He tried to distract himself from the bruise that was staining her ribs; he promised himself, her, the universe, and God that this bruise would be the last her body would ever have to heal. He would let nothing hurt her from now on, and he intended to keep it.
"I can go sleep in the guest room if it will make you feel more comfortable." Ashton pointed at the door as she climbed up the bed.
"We've slept so many times together, baby, you don't have to." She replied; to say she needed him to hold her would be an understatement.
"Ok, then."
"I know you were looking at the bruise." She held his face in her hands as she spoke.
"I was. We can go have it checked somewhere if you want to." He offered but she shook her head.
"It's not a big deal. I've had worse, this will heal in a few days." She sounded casual and that made Ashton fume with anger.
"That is literally the saddest sentence I have ever heard." He tried to breathe deep, calm himself down before talking.

"I am scared." She finally admitted, causing him to pull her onto him and cuddle her.
"You don't have to, anymore." He tried to soothe her.
"But I do... When they get up in the morning, they will..." She began but he shushed her.
"They won't hurt you anymore. It's over, you got out. You hear me? You got out." He reminded her. It wasn't easy for her, just shut off the little voice that told her she was never safe.
"I need to go pick up my stuff. At least the most important of them." She sighed and he nodded.
"We will. I will come with you, the guys will come with you, plus security. You are not going in there alone, I am not letting you." He commented and she nodded her head.
"I love you, Ash." She let out, smiling at him.
"I love you, angel." He pecked the tip of her nose.
"Now, we need to sleep a bit. We both need it." He raised the covers and brought them over their bodies as he laid down, (Y/N) on his chest, holding onto him tightly.

She was going to be alright. And he was going to make sure of it.