Prologue

–—————––

A/N: Ik that it's a bad idea to start writing another fanfic despite not having finished the first one yet, but I had an idea in my head so I'm going to write another one anyway, cause I'm a rebel B)

Warnings: Possible cringe, so brace yourself.

–—————––

It was a silent night. With most people having retired for the night. Street lights were on, brightening the already depressing atmosphere. The crescent moon shun brightly on the sky and the stars complimented the sky just fine. By that time most shops were closed, allowing sleep and rest to fall upon the workers and owners who have worked hard that day. Students by this point would be sleeping, unless they were doing homework at the last minute, or were just not really that tired. Regardless, the night was pretty calm and quiet, with no disruptions.

One of the students who just so had happened to have stayed up that night was none other than Sugawara Koushi himself. The male was dressed in his pyjamas, appearing as if he was about to go to sleep.

This was an unusual form of behaviour for the boy, as he usually had the decency to go to sleep early. Not today, though. It was a Sunday night and all that the poor boy could think about was what was going to occur at practice, due to the fact that the Captain of his volleyball team, Daichi Sawamura, wanted to talk to him privately. He wasn't mentally prepared for what was going to happen. He secretly hoped that it was a confession, but knew that it wasn't going to happen. They were just friends. And that was that.

As a result, he paced around the room, wondering about what his friend wanted to talk to him about.

Does he want help with skills in volleyball? I doubt that, otherwise he wouldn't have asked to talk privately.

Maybe he needs advice with something?

What if he needs love advice? Would I be able to give that kind of advice?

What if he likes someone? How on earth would I be able to face him if I find out that he likes someone else?

Once the silver haired male realised the possibility of his friend liking someone else caused him to feel depressed, for a reason that he didn't know why. There were times when he had noticed all of the girls staring at his friend, causing Sugawara to feel jealous everytime that his friend even looked at the girls and smiled at them. Of course, he wouldn't admit that to his friend, never. He definitely doesn't want to loose his friendship or make things more awkward than they need to be.

Sugawara sat beside his desk quietly, attempting to make a decision.

The room was quite organised. With books placed neatly on the shelves, walls clean and the floor looked like it was glowing. The desk was tidy too, with only necessary possessions on it. Clothes, too, organised in his wardrobe, placed in order from jackets to hoodies. In general, everything was organised. While the bed was neatly done, there was small sized penguin plushie placed beside the pillow. The plushie was actually was given to him by a certain teammate; Daichi Sawamura, on Sugwara's birthday.

He remembered that day. The whole team had decided to throw him a surprise party, while purposely using Daichi to make sure that the silver haired stayed clear from Daichi's house while still having fun with his friend. Once the two got to back to Daichi's house, the team then revealed their surprise to the precious Sugawara. Of course, the silver haired had reacted to such kindness by crying tears of happiness, and hugged all of his teammates as if they were his children. It was like a family with Suga being the happy mother. After they had cut and ate the cake, everyone had scattered in order to have their own conversation with their fellow friends. During that time, all that the poor silver haired male could think about was the dark haired male. He often told himself mentally that all that it was was nothing more than a curse. It honestly was too much for the boy sometimes. Just the name was enough to captivate his attention to the damned captain.

Daichi Sawamura.

Each time the name would cross the silver haired's mind, he would smile to himself, as many positive thoughts were present. He also thought about how handsome the captain was; with his dark hair, how beautiful his eyes were, how his build was amazing. Sugawara often spent ages just thinking about his friend, and how that would cause him to blush despite knowing that nobody would be able to know what he was thinking in his love stuck mind anyway.

In summary, the precious Sugawara was under the spell of love, and yet still currently going through the phase of denial.

The boy told himself over and over again that having a crush on the captain was impossible, because he was a male and also a friend. However, realisation struck as he realised that being homosexual did,  in fact, exist and that liking a friend was possible. With that in mind, he searched up on the internet his symptoms, only to connect it to love. After that discovery, he kept internally screaming to himself that this was no way possible.

After doing so for a couple of minutes, he eventually gave up, accepting that he does like the captain. However, that only left another question in his mind.

How the hell am I going to confess to him?

He learnt that one of the ways that you could express ones feelings was through poetry, though that appeared to be direct and quite obvious. He could just say it, and have it over and done with, but he felt like that was way too simple. Plus he didn't know if Daichi felt the same way, so if he confessed too early and turned out that he didn't feel the same way would be the worst thing that could happen to poor Suga. It was right there and then decided, that he won't tell him.

Turned out that poetry was a better idea.

He thought to himself on how he could express his love through poetry. More importantly, if he needs to be direct with it or use metaphorical language to let Daichi figure it out himself.

Suga, being the evil person that he was, decided that he will let Daichi figure it out himself. That option not only did sound much more appealing, but much more interesting as well. Interesting because, well, it would be interesting to know how long it would take for the captain to figure out what the poem actually meant.

With that in mind, Sugawara decided, that he'll write six love poems for Daichi, each given in different situations (anonymous obviously, he couldn't let Daichi know that Suga was the one who had written them, because then that would be too obvious and it would spoil the fun of letting the captain figure it out himself). Suga smiled to himself as his plan was starting to make sense in his mind, connecting all the pieces together like puzzles. However, with many accomplishments, there would also be questions. One of the questions that the silver haired had asked himself over and over again was something along the lines of:

What would I name my amazing collection of love poems?

Now that proved to be a difficult challenge for Suga. As much as he knew what he'd write in each of them, naming them proved to be the most difficult task. An almost impossible challenge. If named wrong, it could throw the whole thing off balance. Suga understood the significance of a good and effective name, so he concentrated his thoughts in an attempt to come up with one.

No matter how hard the silver haired male tried to think off a good name, the name either sounded dumb or were really embarrassing. He knew that the poems he wanted to write aimed to hit straight to the heart; make the reader (in this case Daichi) feel something. Just thinking about it in that concept made Sugawara think of an title that he personally thought was nothing more than pure genius:

'Love Bullets'

Suga released a sigh and smile of triumph as a result of the name being pure genius. Not only was it straight to the point, but it also is super effective and not just dumb. With that being said, he wrote the name in his spare notebook that he had found, just so he wouldn't forget it later on.

Now, the only thing that was left to do was actually write the poems. He checked the time before doing anything, the clock reading a clear time of 1:25 am. Suga knew that by that time he'd be already lost in the world of dreams.

Hmmm, it is kinda late, so maybe I should go to sleep.

With that thought in mind, he stood up, about to make his way to his comfy bed and go to sleep. However, what disturbed him was the idea that writing the poem itself seemed to be a better idea in his mind than doing anything to do with sleep. That being mentioned, Suga sat back down on his chair, took out a piece of paper and started writing.

Little did Sugawara know, however, that his lack of sleep would have disastrous consequences in school and practice.