⇞ attempt to heal ⇞

Start from the beginning

"Can we end today?" I begged not letting it show how weak and sick I felt.

"No, not until you know how to deflect my attack." She said seriously.

I couldn't tell the waves of her pain was crashing me as well besides her physical attacks. But I stand up straight and decide to take the beating till I really learn to be stronger. I needed this to forget about my first and probably last love.

But Fergie didn't attack, instead, she straightened up and smiled very slightly. I turned to see Markheen walking towards us.

"Come with me Zephora." She said and I followed seeing an unpleasant look on her face.

"I need you and three other girls to travel to the South since I can't leave the Kraken and only you can handle this."

"If it's killing anybody I would refuse," I said calmly.

"Udairis has spread hate and fear in the Earth Kingdom recently. He has sent a disease through water magic and clearly putting pressure on Queen Herdis for something. I need you to help those people who are losing faith in their kingdom and Queen."

"I thought you hated royals," I muttered worriedly that if I stepped out of here I would be caught and found either my King of Udairis or by Nazereth or worse, see Odette walking hand in hand with him.

"300 people have died with this disease Zephora and Queen secretly asked for help not giving in to whatever Udairis is requesting."

I hated being an Empath at such a time when even such news could make my eyes water.

"I will go but my cat goes with me," I said and she shook her head a little amused.

"Keep that amulet on you so no one detects power from you and I will give you a light bag to carry for the travel." She said patting my head in an affectionate manner.

I nodded tiredly at my first task I got since I came here.

"Prince of Earth Kingdom, he recognizes me."

"You are not meeting the royalty to be safe, you will directly go to the affected area with the antidote Sintra would prepare as you take one too. Also just for your relief, all the three of you will be under veils just in case you do encounter him somewhere which is highly unlikely since Queen will not send her only son to a plague zone."

I sighed in relief.

"When do I leave?" I asked, worried about stepping out all alone in the world since the last time I was out alone, my memories as a slave still haunted me.

And since Morel was helping me use my own power to heal myself, I was getting some clearer version of memories.

"On the first light of dawn." She said as I expected of her.

Markheen was always perfect and punctual when it came to working.

"She needs to finish her training for today." Fergie came from behind me.

"Let her rest for today, her days ahead will be hard."

"Then I will go with her to protect her." She said with a fierce tone.

Markheen frowned at her, Fergie was the best of warriors Blood Assasins had. She was lethal when it came to cleaning but silent and reserved otherwise. Her eyes were enough to look at and let me see the pain she was been through. I don't know the reason since she would never let me see her pain but I could feel the intensity by looking in her eyes.

"Guard her well then." Markheen reluctantly agreed.

"With my life." She said and I felt gratitude at her words.

I don't think there was anyone except Drian who was now far away who would protect me with their life, I was nowhere that valuable for anyone.

I would die for you too, stop being dramatic my queen.

A light smile played on my lips as Morel gave me his daily dose of sass making me wonder who was the master here.

I was glad I had two good companions on this journey.

➻➻➻

Slightly shorter, because I am sick with bad cold and cough :( 

Like my eyes burn and headaches etc etc the usual pain so please make do with this for now.

I hope Wednesday I am better because I have an exciting next chapter to write ;)

HAPPY READING AND HAPPY WEEKEND YALL!