Three Cheers For Five Years

The Waterbending Master Fin

"I thought with a month of apart together would find us an opening. Moonlight would provide the spark and that I would stumble across your key or break down the door to your heart. Forever could see us not you and me and you'd help me out of the dark. I gave me heart as an offering." - Mayday Parade

🌊 🌋 🔥 🌪

Aelita felt bad to admit she was relieved Sokka was nowhere to be found when she walked through the door of the shared suite. She had just said goodnight to the Princess a moment ago and wanted nothing more than to sleep. She didn't have the energy or the will to fight with him right now. Katara and Aang sat on the floor studying a scroll between them, looking up to say hello to their friend.

"So is Master Dickhead that much of a dickhead when he teaches too?" Aelita asked Aang as she pulled off her parka.

"Even worse." Aang groaned. Aelita listened to the monk's steady complaints as she busied herself getting ready for bed. Just as she was finishing up the door to their quarters opened and in walked Sokka. He didn't acknowledge her, she didn't acknowledge him. Aang didn't pick up on the tension.

"Hey Sokka, how was warrior training?" He asked.

"Great," Sokka said curtly.

"What did you do?" Aang asked.

"Trained."

"With?"

"Weapons."

"Okay." Aang trailed off. "Good talk buddy."

"Where have you been?" Katara asked her brother and his shoulders tensed.

"Talking with Chief Arnook."

"What about?"

Shit. Sokka hadn't thought about how he'd tell his sister. His decision directly affected her considering she'd have to be the one to take over their tribe one day with him in the North. Did she even wanna be Chief one day? He had never asked before. As annoying as she was Katara was still his baby sister and Sokka loved her. He'd want to tell her the right way. Alone, just the two of them so they could talk. He couldn't just blurt it out right now.

"Improving the bond between our tribes," Sokka said as he pulled off his boots, trying to around as casual as possible. It wasn't a total lie. He'd tell her about the engagement tomorrow. "So how's waterbending training?"

Katara groaned and buried her head into her pillow. Aelita fell face down into her bed and muttered something along the lines of 'sexist asshole' under her breath. Sokka looked to Aang for clarification.

"Master Poophead won't teach them because they're girls."

"Why don't you just teach them at night Aang?" Sokka questioned like it should've been obvious.

"That's a great idea!" Katara dropped the pillow in her hands. "Why didn't I think of that?"

"Because it's an awful idea." Aelita countered as she lay back in her bed.

"You're just saying that because it's my idea."

"Believe it or not Sokka not everything is about you." Aelita rolled her eyes. "It's a bad idea because if Master Stick-Up-His-Ass finds out then that stick is gonna turn into a whole damn log."

"What a beautiful choice of words." Aang nodded, honestly impressed that this was the same girl who spoke so eloquently in front of the tribal council and Chief the day before.

"Thank you, Aang. No matter how outdated their practices are it's still their culture and going behind their backs would be a blatant disregard for it. We're better off to just wait until we move on to the Earth Kingdom for Aang to teach us." Aelita tried to reason.