The Wild Ride

The Great Divide

"This ride that takes me through life leads me into darkness but emerges into light. No one can ever slow me down, I'll stay unbound." - Avenged Sevenfold

🌊 🌋 🔥 🌪

When it came time to set up camp everyone in what Sokka had recently dubbed the A-Team - for Avatar and Akira of course - had a job. Sokka would set up the tents, Katara would gather wood for the fire, Aang would search for fresh fruit or nuts and Aelita would light the fire and then prepare dinner. It was no different on this evening in particular, everyone set out to do their jobs, but it seemed after so much time together the Water Tribe siblings were running short on patience with one another, questioning each other's every move.

"Um, aren't you forgetting the tarp?" Katara asked as Sokka emerged from the nearly finished tent.

"Right, got it!" Sokka agreed but he had misunderstood his sister. While she was hinting at the tarp covering the tent, he moved to lay it down inside instead.

"No Sokka." The blue-eyed girl huffed. "You're supposed to put the tarp over the top of the tent, you know, so we don't get rained on?"

"Ordinarily you'd be right." Sokka countered. "But seeing how it's the dry season you're not. Besides that tarp makes a pretty warm blanket."

Katara only grew annoyed at her brother's dismissal, glaring as he bent down to adjust the tent ties. "But what if it does rain?"

"What if it doesn't?" Sokka brushed off her concern. "Then I would've put the tarp up for nothing."

"You're infuriating!"

"Katara why don't you worry about gathering the firewood because that kindling is looking pretty sorry." Sokka pointed out as he glanced at the twigs in his sister's arms.

"Well fine!" Katara shouted, heaving the twigs at her sibling's face. "Since you don't like my firewood!"

"Fine by me!" Sokka shouted back. He stood and tugged on the tent straps, sending it crashing to the ground. "If you're not gonna do your job!"

"Okay, I found some fresh berries!" Aang interrupted cheerily as he appeared through the bushes. Aelita stepped behind him.

"I caught some fish, I'll start the fire now. Wait." She stopped and looked at the entire disheveled camp. "What happened here?"

"Where's our tent and our firewood?" Asked Aang. The Avatar and the Akira had missed the bickering but caught on quickly when both siblings sighed heavily and turned their backs on one another.

"Why don't you ask Miss. Know-It-All, Queen of the Twigs?" Sokka muttered over his shoulder.

"Oh yeah!" Katara spun around. "Well you're Mr. Lazy Bum, King of the..." she paused and looked all around before picking up a stick. "Tents!" She threw her newfound weapon directly at Sokka's head.

"You two are such a headache sometimes." Aelita groaned as she rubbed her temple. "Is this really worth fighting over?"

"Yes!" Both siblings huffed at the same time.

"Moody children," Aelita said with a shake of her head. "The only friends I ever attract, moody children." Aang had to laugh at their antics.

"Okay guys, harsh words won't solve problems." The monk explained.

"Yeah so quit being assholes."

"Thanks for the help Aelita."

"You're welcome Aang."

"As I was saying." Aang continued. "Harsh words won't solve problems, action will."

"So trade jobs and shut up, I'm hangry and tired."