38. Property Of a Millionaire

Start from the beginning

"Oh, you didn't know? Maxi, you didn't tell them?" What the fuck is he talking about? "You see, Tyler, an Ex-Boyfriend of Miles, talked all the time about his lover. Oh, how smart he was, how beautiful he was, and how he wanted to be with him forever. Isn't that right tiny?" Finally looking back at me, I stopped moving and kept my head down. I had to play the part as if I was distraught or hurt but I didn't feel anything when I heard that name. It did nothing to me.

"He even tried to leave the resistance. Imagine that, being at the head of your position and then giving it all up for the sake of someone you love... isn't that a turn of events? He wanted to get Miles back but it looked like Miles already fell for Max or was it the other way around?" I stopped moving. I lift my head and made direct eye contact with Max. Was it true? Did he fall for me so early in our relationship that wasn't a relationship but was? I know that I did but I was just never sure if Max did. He was just so boxed up that I couldn't see or get anything but this was different. We glanced at each other for a moment before Maxim continued with his backless threats.

"You see, the day came to when my father had to choose between Matveï and I for the position for Don of the Ivanov household. To my fucking surprise, Mara Stevenson, my father's assistant had the document signed forward to my young brother. It was supposed to be me!" He shouted at Max, having the Russian men step closer to him to Maxim's humor, "I had simply asked her to change the name and make me the official Don but she wouldn't budge, just like tiny over there. I guess I could say you picked the right one, Maxi." I could hear Max growl towards Maxim once he called me 'tiny' once again.

I'm not sure what Maxim's plan was but it wasn't working. He had fewer men, less firepower, and was in Max's zone. It was idiotic and suicidal. Removing this was going to be harder than I thought, wires were going everywhere and I tried not to trip any of them as words were being thrown back and forth in either French, Russian, or English. This was some type of homemade bomb, one that was constructed to detonate no matter what. Fuck me. Fuck me!

Maxim stepped forward again. With each step he took, his men copied his same move. Yet, so did Max and his men as well as his father, mother, and sister. I kept eye contact with Annabelle who watched me the entire time. I could see a sadness in her face as she watches as her uncle confesses to betraying not only her but her family and brother. I can not imagine how she must feel going through this. Just hearing him talk down about my mother was bringing tears to my eyes but I had to keep calm to get this thing fucking off of me.

"For some reason, it was more than easy. I shot her once and she just died," He said laughing hysterically, "My father sat down in his office as if he was waiting for me. So I have him exactly where I wanted." He formed a gun with his hand and fingers, pointed it toward Max and Matveï before 'pulling through trigger'.

"What I thought back then was for me but now I can see it. He laid in his chair, hand to his chest as he looked to a portrait of you, oh yes you, and whispered 'I love you with everything in me son. You're the best part of me.' as he looked at you." Maxim snarled, pointing at Matveï. I could fucking hear the way his heart was breaking at the way his brother spoke about their father and his final moments. Maxim wasted no time in charging at his brother, so did the rest of the Russian and French men. Clashing at one another, releasing all this energy and anger that was held back for so many years.

"Get my mother and Anna out of here! Котенок!" Hearing that word made the fear in my body evaporate. I knew he was coming for me, this time it wouldn't take 5 days for Max to take me away and pretend this never happened. Although my mind was in la-la land, I continued to fidget out of the strapped bomb. There are sounds of gunshots, loud stomps, and screaming from both sides as bullet cases dropped on the floor. I tried to stay low and away from the shots as the straps slowly but steadily started to come off, thank fucking god, but I still had to work on the wires.

From the corner of my eye, I see my boyfriend running towards me with a group of about fifty other men behind him. My fingers slipped off the straps as I waited for him, I know I should continue to get it off but I just wanted to touch Max, one last time.

"Вытащи моего парня из этого (Get my boyfriend out of this)." He spoke and the men quickly got to work on the bomb that is strapped to my body. He kneed down to where I was and cupped my cheek, I tilt my head into his palm, loving the feel of his hand against my face. "Max, please h-help me."

—-

Maximillion's Point of View

He was pretty much purring and curling up against my hand as I took in his features. My men worked on the wiring and straps that this fucking bastard had the nerve to put on him. His body was already so fragile that in this state he looked like he could snap if this stayed on him any longer. I had to be at two places at once, helping my Котенок then back to aiding my father as he punched the hell out of Maxim.

"You see I wouldn't do that if I was you. The bomb is wired to this switch that I only have." Maxim called out from underneath my father. He stopped punching him as the button glowed red from underneath Maxim's finger. Looking down at Miles' chest, I figured out Maxim's entire plan. He thought he was so smart.

"So I'll be taking tiny, the deed, and you'll be letting us go if you ever want to see him again." Slowly backing away, my father gets up and off of him as my men and I back away from my kitten as a bloodied Maxim comes towards us. "So give me the deed, and your whore lives to see another day." I clenched down on my jaw so hard I felt something pop. Miles whimpered in the hands of that devil as Maxim grabbed his waist and pulled Miles close to him.

With one hand on the switch and the other on the bomb, I tried to skillfully yet quickly to think of some sort of tactic to get Miles away from that piece of shit, safely. "Remove the bomb and the deed is yours. I have to see that Miles is ok first." I told him as I grabbed the piece of paper from my back pocket and waved it in front of him.

"No! Don't give it to him! Fuck!" Miles tried to scream out but the devil himself slapped his hand over his mouth and smirked at me, "You sure picked a talkative one. Fine. Bomb off." He kept his word as in a mere couple of seconds later, the vest that carried the bomb on Miles' chest fell off. The only way to get it off was a second button on the same switch. Slick mother fucker. Catching it in his hands, he still held onto Miles, just in spite of me.

As I walked up to him, to hand the deed, I felt everything move in slow motion. I had my eye fixed on one thing and didn't even notice what was coming from behind him. Maxim's greed was what ruined his entire plan. He would've got the deed, he would've got the power of the Ivanov household and my Miles but the greediness overcame him. My father ran up behind Maxim and tackled him to the ground in the split-second Maxim had his back to him and faced me. Pushing Miles out of the way, I ran up to my kitten and grabbed him before his body could fall to the ground. Looking up into a series of gunshots, bullets flying, and screaming, my father pinned the bomb on Maxim's chest as he held him from the back.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I shouted as I cuddled Miles closer to me. His head hit the ground, knocking him out on impact so I held his limp body in my hand. Trickling blood fell from the back of his head as he rested. Fuck. I started to panic as I looked, again, between my father and my boyfriend. My father had Maxim's back pressed against his chest as he also held the bomb to Maxim's chest. He was going to detonate himself and Maxim, not only that, but he had the switch with him as well.

"Are you fucking insane? You'll kill both of us?!" Maxim shouted once he realized what was going on. He was badly beaten, his eyes were swollen, his face enlarged with welts all over it and his body sagged as if he would pass out at any second. "Dad! Don't! Please, stop!" I pleaded with my father as I held my boyfriend's body in my hands. I wanted to go to him but then I'd risk Miles' safety. I couldn't leave him either, the risk of having one of those flying bullets hit him would hurt me beyond words.

"I love you with everything in me, son. You're the best part of me. You, Annabelle, Anastasiya, and Miles." I barely had time to blink, less respond, before he squeezed his eyes shut, Maxim shouted, and gunshots halted as the switch went off. A loud blast echoed throughout the entire front pathway of the mansion, hitting the side of the house and blowing everyone away. I grabbed ahold of Miles as I felt my body being lifted off the ground and tossed, probably, more than 50 feet in the air. I felt nothing. Everything inside of me felt and went dark. The emotional side of myself that I let out was closing back up. There was nothing but emptiness and anger. I came here today to kill my uncle... not lose my father.

—-