38. Property Of a Millionaire

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Take the bomb off. I'll hand the deed over once Miles and my grandmother are safe. I can't trust lying snakes." Max sounded scary and powerful. It made my body shudder to hear how the dominance oozed out of his voice. Yet, for Maxim, this was all a game. Some sick twisted plan of his that was a laughing matter. I could see and sense the annoyance of Max as he watched Maxim laugh at him.

"Look at you nephew, it seems like you grew a pair. And Matveï, you brought your wife and sultry daughter to this as well? Making it all easier for me then." He said all disrespectfully. No respect towards his family and even the Don of the Ivanov household. While Maxim had his back to me, as well as the other group of men he had with him, I continued to shrug my body off of the gate but the heavy machinery was still pulling me down, hard.

"You have some nerve disrespecting the Don of this household. You are a vile, disgusting, and awful monster. How could you? We trusted you!" Matveï pushed Anastaysia and Annabelle behind him as he moved up beside Max and spoke to his brother in his tongue. I had no clue what he was saying but Maxim did not like it.

"The cemeteries are full of people who trusted me... You sound just like your father. I had him between the gun and the deed. He chose you. Faced between life and death, father chose his most precious son over his own life. You see, my niece and nephew, your grandfather Maksimillion had to choose one of his sons to be the next Don of House Ivanov." Maxim now walked close to Max, his men raised their guns as did Maxim's, "I was 35 at that time. Well, and ready to be in charge of the house but my father decided that my younger brother was fit to be Don, who was three years younger than me. Oh, I was pissed. No, I was in that same state of mind you're in, nephew. How you wanted something for so long and someone else was just able to take it all away from you. See your whore over there, I'm going to do the same thing to you." Once he finally stopped speaking, I looked over to Max and couldn't see anything on his face. No emotion. No reaction. Nothing. He was pissed. I've never seen him like this.

"Because you are a winy little bitch, you decided that since you didn't get picked, you had to kill your father in cold blood, plan and betray your brother, minimize the intelligence of your niece, and rape and deface your nephew at 6 years old. You're just a sad old man." Before Max even had time to blink, Maxim raised a gun from his breast pocket of his suit and shot at him. I watched as my boyfriend, flinched back and his sister, Annabelle, rushed to his aid.

"NO!" I launched my body off the gate, over and over again, not focusing on the pain and only worrying about Max's safety.

"As if, you thought I would come here without a bulletproof vest?" I felt so much stress leaving my body from that one statement. He was alright. He only winced from the impact of the bullet but fixed his collar and started walking to Maxim. The front of this mansion had a long driveway, almost 5 acres of land surrounding the front of the Ivanov House, not including the back or the sides of it, so there was quite some distance between both sides. I for one was alone, all the way at the front of the mansion with no guard watching over me... to the mistake of Maxim, almost off the gate and next having to remove whatever this is on my chest.

"Oh, so you are smart. I'd say you get that from your mother because your father isn't a bright man." Oh shit, this man is just asking to be killed. I looked around as I resumed my side of this plan; To get the fuck out of here and get this shit off of me, "But your little boyfriend there is quite the genius, from what I've heard." Maxim spoke up once again. I swear to go this man is all talk and no action- wait, did he just say something about me?

"What the fuck are you talking about? Leave Miles out of this." Annabelle stood up next to her brother as now all 4 of them, aligned next to each other, spoke up and against this sick man. Having even Annabelle stick up for me left goosebumps all over my skin.