Chapter Sixteen

Arthur's P.O.V.

I wake up in the morning with a massive headache! I don't really remember what had happened last night, other than I drank too much before finally blacking out.

I also realize that I'm in my clothes from the night before, and that I must have been sleeping on the floor in...FRANCIS' HOUSE?

Shit!

I quickly stand up, seeing that the bedroom door was open, and it probably stayed like that all night.

Oh no.

Francis!

I know I have to find him, so I run down the staircase and follow a sweet scent into the huge kitchen. I see him standing near the stove, and I take note that he's already dressed for the new day.

How early did this guy wake up?

"Hey, what are you making?" I ask him, but he doesn't answer me.

I walk up to his side, but he just shifts over a bit before continuing to make what I assume is waffle batter.

"Good morning," I smile politely, but I still don't get an answer from him.

I even smiled this time, jeez!

"Francis, is something the matter?" I gently urge him on, placing my hand on his shoulder, but that's when he turns to face me and forcefully grabs my wrist in his hand.

"Don't you dare touch me again," he quietly scolds me, almost as if the rest of his family is still asleep inside the house.

I'm confused.

Again?

What happened last night?

"I-I'm so-sorry?" I stutter, ignoring the pain in my wrist as I face him like a weakling. "I'm...afraid I don't understand, I-"

"That was your goal all along, wasn't it?" Francis continues. "You get drunk only to kiss me?"

"I did...what?" I gasp, my eyes going wide with shock. "Whatever it was, Francis, I didn't-"

"Mean to?" Francis interrupts me. "Yeah, that's what people like you always say!"

People like me?

Okay, now I'm hurt.

"Please, Francis," I beg quietly. "I'm sorry! I don't remember doing that, because I was drunk, and I know how serious sexual assault is, and believe me, if I could do that whole night all over again, I would! Please, don't be angry with me!"

Francis looks me over, letting my wrist go as he continues to make breakfast for us.

"Get out."

Or...just for him.

"What?"

"Did I stutter?"

I shake my head, too afraid of his anger to refuse his order.

I start to make my way out of the kitchen, but then I stop and face him again.

"Francis-"

"I TOLD YOU TO GET OUT!" Francis yells at me, his blue eyes practically staring into my soul. "I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU EVER AGAIN FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE, ARTHUR KIRKLAND!"

My heart cracks at those words, but I run out of his house as fast as I can.

I feel terrible!