Chapter Seven

"So that happened," Alfred smirks as we wait for the Dorm List with everyone else.

"Shut up," I tell him, rolling my eyes in annoyance. "It wasn't as funny as you think."

"Ha, ha, come on," he nudges my arm with his elbow. "Not even a smile?"

"No," I reply. "You wouldn't be laughing right now had it been you in this situation!"

"You're right, I'm sorry," he apologizes, "but it's still funny, at least admit it."

"There's nothing to admit because it's not funny," I answer in irritation as I walk up to the wall to see the list.

Dorm 11- Arthur Kirkland and Alfred Jones.

FFFRRRIIICCCKKK!

No!

NO!

NNNOOO!

Ugh, this can not be happening to me right now!

"Whoa, dorm buddies?" Alfred asks with a big grin. "That's awesome, isn't it?"

He pulls me into a side-hug, and I try not to groan loudly in annoyance.

"Yes," I say with literally no enthusiasm whatsoever, "awesome."

Why me, Life, why me?

~~~~~~

"So, can anyone tell me why the Revolutionary War was so important?" my history teacher asks, and I see Alfred raise his hand.

The teacher calls on him, and he begins to speak his answer.

Alfred and I have the same history class together, and it honestly hasn't been so bad.

Well, for now, at least.

"The Revolutionary War, also known as the American Revolution, was fought between America and England," Alfred explains. "America wanted their independence from England, but since that didn't happen right away, they went to war."

"It actually started out as a civil war between them first, Alfred," I speak up even though I shouldn't. "Later on, France joined the American's side to aid them in the War, and then it turned into a world war after that."

"Raise your hand next time, Arthur," my teacher warns me.

"Sorry," I apologize. "You're right, I shouldn't have spoken out of turn."

"Well, yeah," a girl with a Southern accent replies, "but it wouldn't have happened in the first place if England would have just left America alone."

"E-excuse me?" I stutter, looking at her with a shocked look. "If it wasn't for England, America wouldn't even be here as the country that it is today."

"Neither would Canada," another girl adds on in my defense.

"So you approve of the War?" Alfred smirks with a raised brow and crossed arms.

"Now, hold on, I didn't say that-"

"If England really did want America under their wing," Alfred interrupts me, "they shouldn't have taxed them over stupid stuff."

"That 'stupid stuff' would have actually helped the Colonies back then had the Americans not refused," I calmly argue.

"Oh, really?" Alfred laughs. "Then why did a group of Colonists dress up as Native Americans and dump the tea into the Boston Harbor?"

"I don't know," I answer, a little confused myself, "but it was a major part in that whole War."

"Redcoat," a boy smirks.