Chapter Twenty-One

A/N:

Hey, everyone! I'm NOT dead, I promise, and no, I DIDN'T abandon this book! It's just that my life has been VERY crazy lately, and I've honestly had some VERY severe writer's block for this story!

However, I am happy to announce that I am FINALLY going to finish this book, and I have a good friend of mine, jelsa_fnaf_lover to thank for it! They started rereading this and commented on it more, also saying that I should update it, which boosted my confidence!

Also, I realized that this book now has 900 reads! It's AMAZING, and I have ALL of you, dear readers, to thank for it!

Well, without further ado, I bring you the long-awaited Chapter Twenty-One!

Enjoy! :)

~~~~

Arthur's P.O.V.

The holiday break has finally arrived, and I have to admit that I am a bit excited to go home for a while!

Don't get me wrong, Paris is amazing, but there's just something about London that I miss, which is probably just the scenery.

However, I am also nervous.

My mum still doesn't know about my change, and I'm pretty sure my dad hasn't told her about it yet himself. I think he wants it to be up to me, which is actually really nice of him.

Still, a small part of me wishes that he will tell her instead of me, just so that the hard part is already done for me.

My thoughts are interrupted by a knock on my door, and when I answer it, I widen my eyes in shock.

"Francis?" I gasp. "What are you doing here? I thought you would have been at your house by now!"

"I came to see how you are doing," Francis explains, leaning to the side so that he can peek inside my dorm room. "Not even packed? Tsk, tsk, tsk! That simply won't do! Here, I'll help you."

Before I can protest, Francis shoves past me and over to my closet. He also reaches under my bed to take out my suitcase, and I silently walk into the bathroom to pack up my toiletries.

"So, I was thinking about something crazy," Francis finally speaks up, joining me in the bathroom.

"Oh?" I ask with interest. "And what's that?"

"How would you feel if I came with you to your house for the break?" Francis wonders, and I could see that he was completely serious about it. "You don't have to agree, of course, but...well, I just figured you could use the moral support. You know, because of your mother?"

For a long while, I am silent. The offer does sound nice, but I feel like that he's doing it because it's just that: nice.

What does he think I am? I think bitterly. A charity case?

"You're right," I answer firmly. "I don't have to agree."

Francis looks at me with a mixture of shock and hurt, and I can tell that he wasn't expecting that answer from me.

"I'm not a charity case, either," I add, which makes Francis wince quietly. "I don't need your help every second of my life. Just because I can't protect myself sometimes doesn't mean I can't do it period, you know."

"I...I understand...." Francis replies softly, sadness appearing inside his sapphire eyes instantly. "I'm sorry that I made you feel that way. It wasn't my intention. I just...wanted to support you. However, if that's not what you want, then I'll leave you alone. Have a good day, Arthur."