Chapter Six

Arthur's P.O.V.

"FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!" a loud and obnoxious voice yells as someone tackles me to the floor of the University's foyer.

"BLOODY HELL?" I screech, horrified by what has just happened.

"Whoa, dude," the other male begins, "your accent is totally awesome, dude!"

"You just said 'dude' twice and in the same sentence," I answer, trembling in fear for no apparent reason.

"Yeah, so?" he laughs, helping me stand up. "Anyway, I'm Alfred Foster Jones. Who are you?"

"Arthur Kirkland," I reply, still a little scared and nervous around him.

Why is he so loud and excited? I wonder, confused.

"Arthur?" Alfred smirks. "As in King Arthur? The 'Sword and the Stone' King Arthur?"

"No," I shake my head with an amused smile. "Just Arthur, the name my parents gave me."

That last part is obviously a lie, but he doesn't know, so no harm in it, right?

"Well, I'm ready to show you around this place if you are," he offers.

"Sounds great," I agree, following him down a long hallway.

"So, what are you studying?" Alfred asks.

"Oh, I was maybe thinking of becoming a History and English Major," I explain with a bigger smile. "I want to be a professor at a University somewhere once I'm done here."

"That sounds awesome!" he replies. "I can see you being a teacher."

"Thanks," I chuckle. "What about you?"

"I haven't really decided yet," Alfred answers, walking backwards so that he can talk to me. "I was just thinking of getting my Gen Eds done while I decide, you know?"

"General Education, you mean?" I smirk with a raised brow.

"Wow, you're really picky about the way I talk, aren't you?" he laughs.

"Well, since I hardly know a word of American slang," I grin, "I would like to understand what it is that you're really saying."

"I can teach you if you want," he smirks.

I laugh, realizing that he's actually not a bad guy, and that he's actually quite funny.

I then see some people carrying what looks to be a school project in their arms, and I notice that Alfred is going to bump right into them if he doesn't move.

"Hey, Alfre-"

CRASH!

"What the hell?" a girl yells at Alfred.

Too late.

"Sorry," Alfred apologizes with a grin.

And...I spoke too soon about him being nice.

"Oh, so you think that this is funny?" the boy wonders.

"We worked super hard on this project!" the girl adds on. "What's your problem? Can't walk straight or what?"

"Hey, if you didn't want it to get broken or anything like that," Alfred starts off defensively, "you shouldn't have been walking with it in the halls! Maybe you should watch where you're going next time!"

"We should watch where we're going?" the girl argues. "Maybe you need to be taught a lesson about walking like a normal person!"