Chapter Thirteen

"So, I have a question-" Alfred begins as he walks into our dorm room.

However, he pauses once I look up from my textbooks.

"You're studying again?" he wonders. "You do realize that most of those tests aren't until a week or two, right?"

"Yes, but I like to get a head start on things," I smile at his confusion. "Anyway, what's your question?"

"Oh, the BTT Plus One are planning a party tonight after school," Alfred brightens. "I was wondering if you would want to come with, if...you're not too busy with your homework, that is?"

"No, thank you," I politely decline. "You're right, I would rather stay here and do my homework."

"Aw, but why?" Alfred whines, sitting on the edge of my bed with a huff. "I'm going to be so bored if you don't come!"

"I've watched enough TV and read enough books to know that school parties, like high school and college ones, are bad news," I explain to him. "And you would be bored? Alfred, you have so many friends already besides me. You don't really need me, do you?"

"No, but it would still make me sad if you don't come," Alfred tells me.

I sigh softly, starting to pack up my stuff so that I could catch a few hours of sleep before school starts.

Early morning studying.

Yay.

"I'm probably going to be forced to attend the party anyway since I'm a member of the BTT and whatnot," I reply. "Yay me."

"Oh, Arthur!" Francis sings from my doorway as he enters my dorm room. "I'm sure you've heard about our little party we're throwing tonight, right?"

"Yes, I have," I answer, smiling tightly so that I could look slightly interested in the evening plans.

"Then you should know that, as a member of the Fabulous Four, you should attend your own party!" Francis grins. "Oh, please say that you will come?"

"Oh, well, I would love to-"

"Yay!"

"-but I have to do my homework."

Francis frowns, suddenly looking hurt at my sarcasm.

"That was cruel," he huffs, crossing his arms. "You are very lucky I like those kinds of things."

"School comes first," I tell him. "Work before play, and all of that."

"Please?" he begs. "I won't ask you again, but come on! It's the first one of the year! At least indulge yourself a little bit to congratulate yourself for how well you are doing in school!"

I sigh, really taking a moment to look at him. He is a smidge taller than Alfred, and he has perfect, pale skin. His outfit is fashionable, black slacks with black dress shoes, and a dark blue shirt. His soft, blonde hair is tied back into a ponytail with a silky, blue ribbon, and the ribbon matches his mysterious, blue eyes.

Oh, his eyes are like sapphires, a perfect compliment for my emerald ones....

Ah, wait!

Why am I thinking about him like this?

Immediately regretting the words I am about to say, I agree to go to the party tonight after school.

"Well, if it will make you and Alfred happy...."

"Oh, that's wonderful!" Francis cheers, hugging me tightly. "I will pick you up here, personally, at six-thirty!"

"Ah-okay!" I reply, my voice strained because of his hug. "Please...let me go...though! I can't...breathe!"

"Oh, I am so sorry!" Francis apologizes, shocked that he hurt his 'date.' "I guess I'm stronger than I thought, heh...."

Or...at least...I think I'm his date....

"It's fine," I assure him, trying my best to smile politely. "I'll live."

Francis laughs, amused by my reply.

"How adorable," he teases. "Well, see you this evening!"

He walks out of my dorm room, running down the hallway and into his own dorm room.

"So," Alfred smirks, leaning against the wall. "You and Francis?~"

"Shut up," I scowl, throwing a pillow at him.

He catches it, laughing as well.

"Come on! I was kidding."

"I don't care."

"Fine, Mister Grumpy. Go to sleep so that you're happier in the morning."

"Maybe I will!"

"Fine."

"Fine!"

~~~~~~

I flop onto my bed after my last class of the day, Math of the Twenty-First Century, sighing tiredly. Math isn't my favorite subject, so that class felt like it took forever to get over with.

I look at my phone, seeing that the time is four-thirty.

Great.

I have about an hour and half to get ready for that stupid party Francis and Alfred invited me to.

I don't even know where it is!

Is it off campus, or on campus?

At a student's house, or in a student's dorm room?

I have no clue, so I just fix my hair since I'm already dressed up nice.

No, wait.

I better change.

Grabbing a pair of black slacks and black dress shoes, I pick out a dark green V-neck shirt that's made out of a silky material.

I don't know if it's real silk or not, but I've learned not to underestimate Paris.

The shirt matches my eyes, so hey, what a bonus.

After I'm done getting ready, I look at the time again and see that it's five o'clock.

So, without a second doubt, I start doing my homework again.

Before I know it, I hear a knock on my door. Getting up from my bed, I open it to see that Francis is here...goodness, five minutes early!

His hair is also in the same style that it was put in earlier this morning, and I notice that he is wearing a silky, dark blue V-neck shirt, paired with black slacks and dress shoes as well.

Yeeeah, no.

I can not match with this guy.

People will think that we're dating, and then it will be all kinds of awkwardness.

"Yes, I know I'm early," Francis grins at my confused face, "but I hoped that we could walk to my house together. It's not far from here, and we'll get there on time, I promise."

His house?

I'm so confused, but I nod in agreement anyway.

"Uh...yeah, sure," I manage to speak up as I quickly grab my phone, a small bag with self-defense tools, and a jacket. "Lead the way."