[1.2] "WHAT'S UP, BUTTERCUP?"

Beginne am Anfang

"Well," Tyler said, breaking the silence, "what's up?". Tyler was that type of boy all the girls in their grade wanted to date because he was funny, entertaining and on the basketball team with Brody; Maddie's other best friend and Freya's boyfriend.

"Yeah, Frey, you can tell us anything." Brody said softly, giving her a comforting smile and clutched her hand, giving it a small squeeze. Freya and Brody met in seventh grade, the same time they met Maddie and Tyler. He looked so attractive in his black leather jacket that had belonged to his older brother, his brunette hair was messy and his brown chocolate eyes were wild with life. At the end of eighth grade, and multiple dates, he finally asked Freya to be his girlfriend. He treated Freya like an equal, while also treating her like a princess. Freya had never been happier in her life. Some people had been weirded out by the age gap, since Freya started school earlier and was a year younger than everyone in her year, but after a while they got over it.

Freya did know she could tell them anything, especially after telling them she had powers. While others might have been afraid or call her a "freak", they thought it was cool and amazing.
When Tyler saw, he had said, "My best friend can mind control the pizza guy into giving me free pizza! This is awesome and anyone who doesn't think so is the most stupid person in the world." Although Freya had to explain to him that she couldn't actually mind control anyone and that she could only read people's thoughts and communicate with them through their mind rarely, he still thought it was awesome. They all did. They all supported her.

And now wasn't any different.

Freya took a deep breath and just decided to go through with it. "In History I fell asleep and having the best dream, then suddenly it turned to this evil, dark haunting place and this man named Loki-"

"Like the Norse God?" Maddie interrupted, looking puzzled. Freya nodded.

"Yeah, I asked nearly the exact same thing, anyway he was telling me all about how he knew I was powerful and needed me to help him. I refused at first but then he said that if I didn't help him that I would never know where my mother was. I thought it was a dream and I told him that, but then he said he would prove to me it wasn't and grabbed really hard onto my wrist and shoved me to the ground and that's how I got this," Freya showed them her wrist and her palm. Maddie didn't look shocked as she had seen it before but her face was contorted with confusion, while Tyler and Brody looked like they were ready to find Loki and murder him.

"I was confused about how that was meant to prove that it wasn't a dream, so I thought it still was and so I asked him what he knew and he knew so much about me, about my powers and about my mother. Then I asked him what I would have to do, and he explained that he would help me control all my powers and if I helped him and became his 'apprentice' that he would also tell me where my mother was."

Freya saw everyone's eyes widen as they had understood where this was going. "Please don't say you agreed to help him." Maddie begged. Freya could tell by the look on Brody and Tyler's face that they were hoping the same thing. Freya looked down to the ground and nodded. They all groaned angrily. "No Freya! Why would you do that! That's so stupid!" Maddie spat out furiously.

Freya had a sudden urge to defend herself, "At this point, I still thought it was a dream! It wasn't until I woke up and saw my hands, which were perfectly fine before I went to sleep, have the same injuries I got while in this 'dream', so I just agreed, thinking it was still a dream."

"What do you have to do for him?" Asked Brody, who looked concerned. Freya sighed.

"I don't know, he said he didn't need me in his plan yet, he said he'll let me know when he needs me," Freya nearly whispered. She could see they were all disappointed in her. "But hey, this means he might know where my mother is, I might find her."